Return from Injury<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 993

Return from Injury
Amy Havens
Class 993

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Thanks Amy--been waiting for you! Good reminders-- (had forgotten about the moon box balance exercises). I think these will be good for client with nerve damage/proprioception issues. Do you agree?
3 people like this.
I work with many seniors in the 70-80 age range. These are great exercises for strengthening balance and the common weaknesses in this age group. Love it!
Really like this, Amy. So many people are intimidated by the ladder barrel. This is a lovely routine for weaker students, but I think some of my stronger students will be surprised by the challenges as well.
Kerry.....yes, this class could be great for those folks. Make sure you spot them so they feel safe when stepping up on the moon box and that it's on a good surface (carpet is nice). Weight transferring is really important! Thank you---as always--- for your support and enthusiasm with my classes!
2 people like this.
JoAnn.....I also work with this population and they really need balance work. I've found these types of exercises to be very useful, do-able and non-threatening to them, plus---- they feel the results and feel successful in doing them! Have fun, let me know how it goes!
Hi Holly! Thank you so much! Yes, I chose these 'simple' exercises to be useful and non-threatening, to show that although they are simple, the exercises will absolutely make students stronger and they will feel it! :) Hope you have fun with these exercises!! Thanks for your post!
1 person likes this.
Thank you for teaching about this special group . Lots of baby boomers coming up .

Maybe I missed it, Why is the Anterior tibialis important in this age group. I guess balancing and helping ankle strengh/ mobilitry .
Hoping for more classes like this. Thanks.
Hi Ileana......I love working with this group/population! I agree, lots and lots of baby boomers coming our way and it's our responsibility to work with them safely and appropriately.

Anterior Tibialis.....a strong and flexible anterior tibialis gives better dorsi flexion which older folks needs......so they'll have a better walking stride/gait---not shuffle as much. They'll be better able to use the foot as it's designed----heel strike and push off to walk better. Hope that makes sense!!
Wonderful tutorial Amy thank you. I love you clear cueing always!
Thank you so much Karen!! :)
1-10 of 24

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin