Stronger Shoulders Tutorial<br>Amy Havens<br>Tutorial 1683

Stronger Shoulders Tutorial
Amy Havens
Tutorial 1683

Watch this Tutorial
I love the use of the band to elongate. Great for rotator cuff rehab avoiding impingement. Well done
2 people like this.
Thank you Mhairi.......I've used that theraband 'image' and feedback with several clients over the years and in particular one of my teachers at my studio (who is trying not to have surgery for a shoulder 'issue'). When she showed it to her PT, he asked her, 'where did you learn that one'? ... she said, "Amy"....he responded, "hmmm, pretty good idea". It's nice to have the approval! :)
Thanks Amy. I love your way to explain, simple but also detailed. I will surely "steal" lots of ideas for my classes
1 person likes this.
Thank you Lisa......let me know how some of your students respond.
This is nice. I have been doing this since a couple of years mostly without weights ... always surprising how much work this is for clients. Definitely worth for everyone to try !
Thank you.
Great to hear this Jitka! :) Simple but good!
Hi Amy, I love this tutorial and the other few shoulder tutorials that PA has done. My clients sometimes complain of discomfort along the inside of the elbow down to the fingers when the arms are extended to the sides of the body. Have you experienced this and do you think it is something that would get better over time?
Thank you Sarah. Yes, I've experienced that myself and it has gotten much better with Pilates! Without seeing you or your clients it would be hard to tell what's really going on, but I remember noticing the relief in the arm once my chest muscles started stretching, my deltoids too and gaining better awareness in my neck alignment. I do think it will get better over time, yes, and if not, seeking a qualified professional to do a diagnosis would be a good idea.
Que pena que todos estos vídeos no estén traducidos al español.
Trinidad ~ ¡Estamos de acuerdo! Esperamos que un día vamos a ser capaces de tener todos los videos traducidos al español.
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin