Fundamental Reformer
Meredith Rogers
Class 1797

Watch this Class
Z A
2 people like this.
Thank you, this was a great refresher:)
3 people like this.
Lovely class loved the gentle thoracic ext and the visual cues to get the most out of a simple exercise.
Pele
2 people like this.
Loved these spinal positions. How about a level 2/3 in a similar nature with only neutral and extension?
Great idea Pele! You up for it Meri (no pressure!)?
1 person likes this.
Love the "no moving of the carriage". Thank you Meredith! Great session! All loosened up now, so I can mow my lawn.
Karin H
1 person likes this.
why do you keep the headrest down on footwork?
1 person likes this.
Thank you for a really wonderful and relaxing reformer workout. I was able to completely feel myself moving inside of the work. I can forget how the energy flows when I am thinking too much instead of feeling.
I don't have the arc so I used my spine corrector on the floor instead :)
@ Jill, I have never liked lifting my headrest up for any work so I didn't even notice Merediths was down until I read your question. I am interested in the technical answer but prefer the comfort of my headrest down.
Jill,
My goal in this class was to keep the spine either in neutral or extension. Elevating the cervical spine while lying in a supine position takes the spine out of neutral which is why I left the headrest down. That being said, although I often lift my headrest to during footwork to check alignment and such, I also like to practice with it down to feel the natural alignment of the entire spine.
Yoganda,
I am so glad you were able to find a creative way to do the first part of the class....a spine corrector, a ball, a bosu...all arc shaped, all effective for the intention of the movement.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to take and comment on this class. I appreciate and value your support and feedback. Pele, I think the idea of a more advanced class without flexion is a brilliant idea. I am brainstorming and planning to produce! :)
1-10 of 27

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin