Resistance and Opposition<br>Clare Dunphy<br>Class 2133

Resistance and Opposition
Clare Dunphy
Class 2133

Watch this Class
2 people like this.
Thank you! Great tips for staying stable through the pelvis and working the gluts! :)
1 person likes this.
I completed a 9 mile hike yesterday so the emphasis on flexion in the feet was particularly appreciated. One legged teasers are a nice "gateway" to the two legged version and build confidence. Thank you.
2 people like this.
In the CRISS CROSS you cued that the closer you pull in the incoming knee to your chest the more you get into your abdominals, i.e., the abdominals are working more efficiently. If I understood this correctly(?), how is that explained Anatomically?
As a devotee, may I suggest, that this was an excellent piece of mat work Instruction. It is always preferable to see the Instructor doing the work!
Thank you Clare Dunphy.
2 people like this.
love Clare's teaching. Thanks for having her own Pilates anytime.
1 person likes this.
Superb! Will be doing this class many more times...
Thanks for taking a minute to post a comment! About the Criss Cross and pulling the knee in closer to get more into the lower abs. Try it so you can feel it. You might also try giving resistance at the front of the knee and press the knee into your hand to feel what happens. Its an old physical therapy trick to get the deep abdominals muscles to fire. It's also good for the people who are quad dominant.
2 people like this.
Thank you indeed Clare for your explanation and kind reply.
1 person likes this.
Thank you!!! I enjoyed the class!! Great Tips!
Kathleen M
2 people like this.
Wonderful! You really challenged me Clare! I love how you progress in the exercises and how you kept me feeling long! Thanks!
Kathleen, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the challenge and the fact that you feel long in your body is the best feeling ever! I hope you come back and do it again and again and again.
1-10 of 30

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin