Footwork<br>Reformer<br>Adrianne Crawford<br>Tutorial 2221

Footwork
Reformer
Adrianne Crawford
Tutorial 2221

Watch this Tutorial
Thanks Adrianne, I too find it fascinating to watch what people do in their feet then help them try to find a better way.
Yes, it's amazing how the feet can tell you so much! Thanks for watching!
DJ
DJ
thank you - would love to have a tutorial which focusses on what instructors could choose for clients specific footwork/legwork for varied postural types? It was best when the filmwork was zoomed in on the feet - maybe could have been better with more of this?
Suk W
Really useful to remind me to spend more time on footwork as a preparation for more functional activities and other exercises where the feet need to be grounded. Thanks!
1 person likes this.
Adrianna, thank you so much for this tutorial sometime we forget all of the intricacies which make footwork so effective. Do you have any foot work suggestions for clients who have one leg (structurally) longer than the other? Do you prop the shorter leg in order to maintain a level pelvis or do unilateral work? Thanks in advance!
This was a short tutorial, it would benefit to add a few more since there truly is a so much you can do just with the feet! I will look to add more in the near future. In the meantime for someone with a shorter leg, I look very closely at their hip alignment and centering of their spine. What I emphasize is lengthening the spine, to the hip to the heel, and more so on the shorter side. One leg extensions can help on that shorter side as long as you come back to the strong side and then symmetrical with both legs working. I'm not big on props as I feel they can be distracting, yet for some very beneficial. I tend to lean toward seeing if the client can do this without assistance first by lengthening out of and squaring of the hips. Hope this helps!
Short but very helpful and good reminders. I do have a client who had her growth platelet on her left leg removed at 12yrs. old
Her left leg was growing faster than her right leg. She will benefit from the single leg work. Thank you. P.S. because of her diligent work in Pilates she is able to run a 5k without pain.

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin