Pelvic Floor Follow Up<br>Brent Anderson<br>Special 2415

Pelvic Floor Follow Up
Brent Anderson
Special 2415

Watch this Special Feature
Thank you, so interesting?
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for posting this video, it is really great to see all of that happen!
Thank you for posting. Great to have these near real time updates to help make us better teachers..
Hadar Schwartz its exciting to see you !
Thank you, Brent and Hadar! I really appreciate all the research you're doing on this. So great to actually see the relationship between the diaphragm and pelvic floor.
Thank you!!This was interesting!!
3 people like this.
Hi Brent! This information is really valuable now for me. Please, let me know whether you have discovered this relationship in healthy people or it works for those who have some problems, like diastasis recti or pelvic floor cuts (after giving vaginal birth).
Patty Hafen
Thank you!
Thanks for this simple yet important information
Hi, I've been recently taught that as the diaphragm descends on the inhale the pelvic floor responds to this pressure by contracting...it looks like you are saying the opposite is happening. I'm really confused with the organization of the core... I was taught also that on the inhale the 2 diaphragms move toward each other to create intra abdominal pressure and as we exhale the abs contract to create intra abdominal pressure. Your cues about axial elongation makes sense for me to find the right activation of the abdominals but i still can not get the relationship between the diaphgram, transverse, PF and multifidi...could you please clarify. Another question: in case of beginning of a prolapse would you still cue to activate the PF when performing abdominal exercises and would you take out roll ups, teasers of the program of a person with such an issue. Would you still have her do curls up and hundreds, nasty 5s and so on or not? Thanks for your answer.

1-10 of 16

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin