Honor Your Body<br>Madeline Black<br>Discussion 2718

Honor Your Body
Madeline Black
Discussion 2718

Watch this Discussion
5 people like this.
Beautiful discussion. Very inspiring and motivating to stop for a moment and rest...
6 people like this.
Very cool. It is so great when our master teachers let us in on their personal journeys. Really helpful to hear about how to care for yourself while sustaining a long career of teaching and giving. "Rest" is the new Black. :)
9 people like this.
Madeline.....thank you so much for taking the time to sit with me/us, sharing your wisdom and insight into this very important topic. Resting more often is vital to our whole body health, whole body commitment and breath. I can't speak for everyone, but this discussion was deeply meaningful. Much gratitude....
2 people like this.
Thank you for sharing Madeline. I could not agree with you more. Honoring and listening to your body is something more people (including myself) need to do; especially as we age. Finding a balance is key. Hearing this from a woman I greatly respect and admire in the Pilates community is so special. Thank you!
2 people like this.
Thank you so much for sharing your transforming practice, how true. As a teacher for 16 years, ( wife and mother) I find that softer internal work , gives me more mental and physical focus or internal space. And, I liked the flute , it is always fun to try something new! You are an inspiration, your ability to teach complex ideas of movement is a gift.
Lori
1 person likes this.
Just awesome! As a person with rheumatoid arthritis,I grapple with this a lot and I appreciate your discussion of it. I want to push myself, but some days my body will have none of it and a gentle mat workout for 20 mins is all I can manage. I struggle with feeling guilty if it's all I can do. But even with rest breaks, I see such tremendous progress in my health and fitness level since Pilates and yoga have become regular parts of my life. Thank you for all that you both do to help us. It is very much appreciated.
Madeline Black
Thank you all for the beautiful comments. I was hesitant to film this because I was not sure how it would be received, and most of all, I felt vulnerable and again questioned whether it would serve a purpose outside of myself. So thank you! Keep on evolving!
1 person likes this.
Madeline, I feel blessed by witnessing your openess! You are a teacher I am looking up to a lot and many others do too. With telling us about your vulnerable self and the path you are on - you encourage us to look for our own way, listen to our own voice inside our body. Giving into gravity is definitely a way to more ease in the body but in our mind at the same time. And what a beautiful picture that the energy is moving through us!
- our body between earth and spirit! Thank you for letting us share!
And I love your hair!
Thank you , thank you , thank you for sharing your voice, your spirit and your wisdom.......
1 person likes this.
Thank you
you inspire me for my next performance with my dance students.They play the flute and always play some tunes.They are 4 to 7 year old. For the next performance they are going to
hold tones .It is beautiful and very interesting.
1-10 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin