Mat for Posture<br>Monica Wilson<br>Class 524

Mat for Posture
Monica Wilson
Class 524

Watch this Class
Great breakdown and wonderful student. Loved the focus on posture and the reminder of the box! Thank you
enjoyed this class. Wonderful instructor and helpful for developing better posture.
Enjoyed your class. You are a wonderful instructor. Need work on my posture.Thanks!
1 person likes this.
Prop: Monica Wilson
I've taken so many classes from Monica now. I really love her style of teaching and cues.

One thing I'm having a really hard time with is when I'm laying on my side for leg work (laying on left side, right hip). My hip is significantly tighter than my left hip - so much so that I can barely get my leg back. I'm assuming it's a tight hip flexor? Can you recommend additional stretches to try to get this looser? thanks so much!
Monica Wilson
Hi Erin:) I filmed a class today with you in mind that should go up in a couple of months. In the meantime, if you are not experiencing pain, just limited range of motion, the side kick series is actually a great opportunity to stretch the front of the thigh. I added a bunch more exercises focussing on stretching the front of your thigh, going deeper with the PH and strengthening your hamstrings and bottom. In the side kick series I added the bicycle which if you come across it in another class or are familiar with it, I think would be ideal for you to gain a little flexibility. If it's more your side or the side of the hip that could use a stretch, try the Mermaid (an advance exercise) or the Standing Arm Weight Series and pay particular attention to the Side Bend Exercise. I hope that helps for now and I hope you enjoy my future class that you inspired:)

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin