Booty Barre™ Basics<br>Tracey Mallett<br>Class 443

Booty Barre™ Basics
Tracey Mallett
Class 443

Watch this Class
Love this. I think I am hooked (although my lower body may disagree tomorrow). Fun and challenging!
1 person likes this.
Great class. My booty is alive now thanks to this Class. I need to do this weekly to get my slim lean legs again. Thanks.
Accessible, yet challenging. My booty and mind say thanks!
Hi!
I just found Booty Barre and it looks so fun!! However, I am suffering from lower back pain and I am not sure if I can do this workouts. Any special moves I should avoid? Superhappy for advice and tips.
Hello Lena, Sorry about your lower back pain. I would recommend doing the bootybarre basics as we have modified most of the exercises. There is no impact which is perfect for your condition. BootyBarre is based on Pilates fundamentals of spinal stabilization and when done standing really does transfer to everyday movements. With beginners I have them place their outside hand on the hip and think of depressing the hip away from the last rib to create length plus help stabilize the pelvis by keeping the hips square. As always in Pilates focus on all movements initiating from the abdominals, minimize the movements and limit the range of motion. Listen to your body and if an exercise causes irritation do not do it and march in place then pick the workout back up again.
Good luck!!
This was the first time I made Booty Barre and I really loved it! Thank you, Tracey! Ilook forward to your other classes.
1 person likes this.
Fun energy, basic yet bold leg & glute work. The burn is amazing.
1 person likes this.
I enjoyed the class and the fabulous energy. I found it challenging and at times had to rest but I felt it most in my quads and calves and very little in the gluts/hams. I also felt it too much in the QL area when lifting the legs laterally despite trying to keep hips down. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
And tell me, to keep the spine neutral and knees not going over toes you have to hinge at the hips and stick the bum back a bit, right?
Helllo Trudi,
When working on a fixed barre can help alleviating too much work in the quads. In sideline you probably need to shift further away from the barre (chair) so that your torso is pitched over towards the barre as the leg lifts to the side. Your focus is to lift from the glute medius not the QL. Place hand on the hip so that you can assist the hip from not hiking. Good luck!
loved this class :)
61-70 of 135

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin