Class 259: Rebekah Rotstein<br>Osteoporosis Protocols<br>Level 1/2<br>09/15/2010

Class 259: Rebekah Rotstein
Osteoporosis Protocols
Level 1/2
09/15/2010

Watch this Class
Hi Raelea - I do in fact! It's such a common issue that arises and I was just talking about that in England last week, probably when you wrote. I think that I address this in my Inside Bone Health workshop on the site here, demonstrating in Pulling Straps how to isolate the extension within the thoracic spine. But you can also try having the client in supported Childs' Pose and moving into thoracic extension there, as a way of blocking the lumbar spine from extending. Maybe I'll demo that my next time at PA! Thanks for asking.

CJ- you can see two such classes that you're asking for here!:
//www.pilatesanytime.com/class-vie w/249/video/Kane-School-Pilates-Cla ss-by-Rebekah-Rotstein
//www.pilate sanytime.com/class-view/250/video/K ane-School-Pilates-Class-by-Rebekah -Rotstein

Yeong Cheol C
good
Carole F
Good information- I have viewed your osteopenia classes and your other Reformer classes. I noticed that you have some flexion in your Reformer classes or maybe I am misunderstanding this video. I know you have osteoporosis so was confused by the content of your Reformer classes. Any plans to do a Reformer class with no flexion or suggested modifications?
Carole- I've been filming at Pilates Anytime during five years now so I offer a range of classes. Class 534 //www.pilatesanytime.com/class-view /534/video/Kane-School-Pilates-Clas s-by-Rebekah-Rotstein was the first Reformer class I did at Pilates Anytime and I did not include thoracic flexion exercises so it should be safe for someone with bone loss. I was diagnosed with osteoporosis ten years ago and have since improved my bone density; and since my own medical history is different from many with osteoporosis I do flex my spine. But you'll never see me on the site performing *loaded* flexion, like Short Spine or Overhead. Pilates Anytime has designated the classes that are safe for osteoporosis. Again, though, my background teaching goes into other areas beyond osteoporosis so I teach classes on the site for various audiences.
Is there another video exactly like this but under a diff number?
Pilates Tot ~ Thank you for bringing this to our attention! I'm not sure how the same video was published twice, but you are the first person who noticed. I hope you enjoyed this video!
11-16 of 16

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin