Stretch Out Strap® Mat<br>Amy Havens<br>Class 344

Stretch Out Strap® Mat
Amy Havens
Class 344

Watch this Class
Great class Amy! I am going to repeat this class over and over again. Love working with the strap.Thanks for giving me new exercises I can do with the strap.
You're so welcome Elaine!! Thanks for your interest and I'm really happy to hear you've gotten a strap! You'll love it!
Amy - I wasn't sure what you meant by 1/1 or 1/2 or 2/2 - i think it's something with the width of where the strap should be right? Referenced in 100, and rollover, etc. My strap just has a buckle so if i pull the buckle it makes the loop smaller or bigger. I hope this isn't a dopey question - my Pilates training never touched on the strap ever yet this prop is consistently in every mind/body studio i'm in so I wanted to figure out how to use it correctly. Is this traditionally more of a yoga prop? Thanks Amy - love your classes!
Hi Maria, the green strap I was using was the Stretch Out Strap made by OPTP. When I was referring to 1/1 or 1/2, 2/2 etc....yes, it was in regards to the numbers of loops we were putting our hands in away from the center of the strap. This green strap isn't classical in nature, but my program, Pilates Conservatory, does use the green strap quite a bit. It's superb in teaching shoulder mechanics! Many Pilates studios and programs are now utilizing the strapwork for this reason. A belt or towel could also be used, but the green strap has many more options for length choices etc. I hope this helps clarify a little bit.
I love your classes Amy! I chose this one for Pilates Day today. Felt great:)
Thank you so much Anne-Marie!
I find there is too much talking and not enough work out on all these videos, not just this instructor. It is so frustrating when you are in the mood to work out and you have to stop and listen.
No momentum.
Corinne ~ Thank you for your feedback. I recommend trying our Accelerated Pace Classes. They move a little faster so you can keep your flow.
1 person likes this.
Hi Corinne, I believe there is something of value in each and every class that any teacher gives. Pilates is a a practice, and yes a workout too. I'm known for being a very clear, precise and detailed teacher and I'm aware that's not a style that resonates with everyone. I do have several accelerated classes on the site but as Gia also advised, you may want to check out the many other classes available to you here.
Thank you for your advice. I will try the accelerated classes.
1-10 of 11

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin