Working with Active Agers<br>Erika Quest<br>Tutorial 989

Working with Active Agers
Erika Quest
Tutorial 989

Watch this Tutorial
Erika Quest
Thanks, Judy! Cheers to better fall prevention, reaction time and improving on 4 of 5 types of aging! Much love, Erika
Patty Hafen
1 person likes this.
Thank you Erika! I always learn so much for your fantastic videos.
Erika Quest
Oh, Patricia! Thanks for the comment and feedback. I was just back at PA and shot another Active Aging mat class, incorporating these strategies! Much love, Erika
Tessa
1 person likes this.
Enjoyed this! I was a bit frightened for the fall-and-catch part though. Spotting or some other safety precaution with seniors...? I've worked this kind of scene and you just have to be aware of the "what if's” and prepare accordingly! ?? good focus on a very important issue!! Thanks!
CJ
1 person likes this.
Erika, I do not agree with your tutorial teaching of aging clients, it all depends on how their hips are and knees, actually if they do have those problems you can injure them and worser their problems. I would recommend however to check with their doc. before they do the Bosu ball exercise. thank you. blanche.
Erika Quest
Thank you, Tessa and Blanche for the feedback. Blanche, I agree with you. In fact, I mention that this is a heterogeneous group of people, meaning no one person (especially as Active Agers) are the same and we will see many issues, surgeries and/or contraindicated situations. These are general recommendations from ACE and International Council on Active Aging, but should certainly be tailored to the person you are working with. Much love, Erika
Cynthia G
1 person likes this.
Such clear descriptions. So needed as pilates-buffs cross over the line past 55
Erika Quest
Cynthia Thank you so much, Cynthia! This is my passion and much more to come on this in the future. Much love, Erika
1 person likes this.
Could you please share the Shoenfelder link on strengthening the QL and anterior tibialis? I can’t seem to find it. I may be spelling his name wrong…😳
Erika Quest
Christine H Hi Christine. This is from the Journal of Gerontological Nursing, "A fall prevention program." Published March, 26 2000 pages 43-51.
21-30 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin