Standing Mat/Barre Flow<br>Jillian Hessel<br>Class 1171

Standing Mat/Barre Flow
Jillian Hessel
Class 1171

Watch this Class
very different from regular Pilates but I enjoy a lot. the instructor is great.
This is the first time I used the magic circle and I have not been exercising for quite a while. This workout made me feel really good. It is certainly challenging and a good way to ease back into practicing Pilates. It was also a lot of fun and good stretching.
Thanks Chelsea, for the positive comment! I really appreciate that you took the time to give me some feedback. If you haven't been exercising lately, you might really enjoy my Dance-ilates Class, which is simple, easy to follow movement set to music. It's fun and also very therapeutic.
Since I am coming back from a rotator cuff injury, an ankle fracture ( metal just removed) and an elbow fracture (6 weeks post op) this was absolutely perfect!!! I got foot and ankle work, shoulder work...and legs legs legs, plus a lil somethin somethin for my elbow and arms. I heart this class, and you Jillian ;)
That was fun! Although it proved I'll never be a ballerina :)
This class should be labeled as "deliberate" since it is instructional 60% of the time. The entire focus on how to hold the circle should've been in a separate "instructional' 20 mins video.
Dawn ~ Thank you for your feedback. After reviewing this class again, I have decided to keep it at a moderate pace. How you hold the circle can make a difference in where you feel each exercise so this instruction is important. However, once they get moving, the class flows at a nice pace.
I always appreciate the feedback, and as everyone who doesn't know me discovers rather quickly: I am an absolute stickler for proper form in Pilates! One of the reasons we teachers get great results for our clients WITHOUT hundreds of boring repetitions is bc we want to execute EVERY movement with near perfect form. I also want to remind everyone that this class dovetailed directly into the 30 minute Mat Workout with the Magic Circle, so putting the two together back to back, or alternating day to day will yield terrific results.
It was great! Really challenging my balance ;)
this was how I remember this work was taught in dance class.. !! much fun!
11-20 of 34

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin