Fascia-Focused Pilates<br>Elizabeth L. & Tom M.<br>Workshop 2258

Fascia-Focused Pilates
Elizabeth L. & Tom M.
Workshop 2258

Watch this Workshop
Roberto Cerini
It must be the future of video workshops! I love this "conversation" approach, where two of the most interesting minds around meet to move beyond a simple presentation. Each of them explain some blind spot of the other, and push the workshop to a new level of clearness. I hope to see workshops like this again and again
5 people like this.
I have done the Pilates exercises with Elizabeth and read Anatomy Trains. I have done pilates while contemplating what I learned in Anatomy Trains. WOW! THIS WORKSHOP! Dovetailing the two, guiding my thinking and giving me guided experience in the lines of my body gives me the confidence and depth of understanding I need to BEGIN to move to the next level in my teaching. I'm sure I still have questions..... Thank you Tom Myers and Elizabeth. The synergy between you is evident
1 person likes this.
necesito traduccion por favor, quiero hacer todos los talleres pero necesito que esten en espaƱol o traducidor, se los agradezco
Ximena ~ Desafortunadamente no tenemos planes para traducir este taller en este momento, pero esperamos hacerlo en el futuro.
1 person likes this.
Wow! That was two evenings well spent. My head is spinning with excitement!
1 person likes this.
Fantastic workshop. So helpful. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
3 people like this.
interesting comment in Chapter 2 that the transversus is (1) very thin and (2) very difficult to engage in isolation. Should make Pilates instructors rethink their queuing.
1 person likes this.
I loved this workshop and can not wait for part 2 ...
1 person likes this.
Amazing and useful! Really enjoying this workshop! My sense is that a movement practice like aikido would facilitate facial elasticity in that it requires amongst other things conscious but quick movement. Paying attention in a playful way allows the whole system to respond with bounce, so does this bounce that is brought about through the variety of ways of landing with the arms in the first sequence of chapter 3 also translate into the principle of reversibility that is integral to Alexander and feldenkrais work?
Mastaneh, Thank you for your insightful comments. Collagen can shorten much more quickly than muscle fibers can contract. Human fasciae has a kinetic storage capacity similar to kangaroos and gazelles. Elastic Recoil may occur when the loaded collagen tissue has a high elastic storage capacity. Training techniques that require specific timing responses to resistance and gravity may develop the elastic storage capacity of fascia. It is possible that some aspects of Aikido develop Elastic Recoil. Alexander Technique and Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement are exceedingly valuable somatic practices that offer tremendous benefits. Neither excels in training Elastic Recoil. Moshe Feldenkrais earned his black belt in judo prior to developing his own Practice. He create some Awareness Through Movement Lessons inspired by judo that may contribute to Elastic Recoil.
1-10 of 35

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin