Elite Athlete Reformer<br>Diane Diefenderfer<br>Class 3218

Elite Athlete Reformer
Diane Diefenderfer
Class 3218

Watch this Class
Ember Hopkins
Loved all of the work with the magic circle and the one leg, one strap, one spring exercise/variation with scissors and bicycle!
Lauren G
I particularly liked the addition of externally rotating at the hip during leg circles. It is a simple variation that further works the range of motion at the hip joint. It was lovely to see the slight variations to tailor the exercises to the dancer's needs! 
Katie P
I really enjoyed seeing the variations with the magic circles and so nice to see some exercises specific for dancers! The fondue single leg work is truly beautiful to see on dancers.
Samantha S
I loved all the variations in this video that were tailored to dancers, of course, and especially liked the added element of the magic circle! It made this workout elite for sure. 
Karli P
I loved seeing the variation on the inner thigh work with one spring while working both legs to bring even more body awareness into play! The magic circle was fun to spice things up too.
Katie M
Great class!  Definitely advanced but I could do almost all the exercises at my intermediate level, I just didn't look nearly as good as the ladies demonstrating!  I like all the references to how various athletes use these exercises but this felt like a very dance-based workout.
What a wonderful class!  Absolutely enjoyed it!  
Katherine W
Really enjoyed this advanced reformer class. The incorporation of the magic circles were fantastic. Ending the class with the jump board was so fun! As a dancer, this a great way to work on my jumping technique. The use of internal and external rotation throughout the class was also beneficial to me as a dancer. 
Sydney L
Hi Diane! 

This class looks like so much fun! (painful fun).  You explained to us this morning on how we learned from the classical repertoire first, but how as teachers we need to be aware of the person in front of us, and consider their bodies' needs as a priority. As titled, I thought this class was an excellent example of advanced exercises appropriate for the needs of elite performers.

I also noticed that although this is an advanced class, none of the exercises are done to push the limits of the students, rather all repetitions are more explorative in a safe way. Maybe this is why Pilates is so effective at increasing proprioception. 
I love this class! Its like the gift that keeps on giving!
31-40 of 65

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin