Fear Workshop<br>Mariska Breland<br>Workshop 3439

Fear Workshop
Mariska Breland
Workshop 3439

Watch this Workshop
Terri Battenburg I'm glad it helped, and I hope you are doing well and recovering! Kay C. thank you!
A K
A K
1 person likes this.
I wish fear was talked about more!  With my past neck and sacral injuries I definitely have fear of movements!  On top of this I have ptsd... I often get really emotional during movement and have a hard time feeling safe, in general.  I think everyone takes feeling safe for granted. 
I cried and laughed through this workshop, I know a lot of people will think that is odd.  Some of my fears are about my ability to learn via my negative school/sports/dance experiences because I am highly dyslexia (not just letters and numbers, but movements and sequencing).  I laughed as I reflected on how some of my self perceptions are ridiculous and or no longer true.  Hearing other peoples movement fears made me feel so much less alone.  Thank you so much! 
A K Thank you so much for your response. This is EXACTLY why I wanted to do this workshop. I find or found many exercises scary to do. And life can be scary too (check out the conversation I had with Kristy on the topic. I talked about my biggest fear was losing my ability to walk - and to keep things exciting, a few months later, I broke my leg in 3 places and couldn't walk for 4 months...) That said, I was able to do all the things I could do before - it just gave me a detour. Fear is COMPLETELY rational. It's all about managing it. :) 
Samantha T
Hi Mariska. This was so excellent. I enjoyed your methods as well as the information. The time flew by. This should be part of curriculum for Pilates teacher training from my point of view. You gave me lots of ideas and I really appreciate your down to earth approach and openness. I live with an incurable neurological disease as well as two incurable autoimmune conditions and facing fears is part of life. You are a warrior.  That last movement with the chair was inspirational. Thank you for providing this for us to view. 
11-14 of 14

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin