Mat for Thorax and Planks<br>Elizabeth Larkam<br>Class 4016

Mat for Thorax and Planks
Elizabeth Larkam
Class 4016

Watch this Class
12 people like this.
Good morning, Elizabeth! We are imprisoned at home. Your class is our light at the end of this virus tunnel. Thank you!
Good evening from San Francisco Viera. As of this evening all of California joins you in staying home to slow the spread of the corona virus. Sending you, your family and the Pilates community world-wide best wishes for strong health and calm.
Awww, this was SO nice, I really enjoyed that, thank you!
4 people like this.
Elizabeth, you are such a pleasure and font of information❣️ Please continue to pour forth from your font to all us hungry and in need of this essential understanding. You have a gift for translating the complex into the understandable . God bless you 🙏🏻❗️
2 people like this.
PS: I LOVE the leotard 🥰!
Ellen W
2 people like this.
Thank you so much Elizabeth. As usual I was carefully listening to your every word  for more enlightenment as to how our bodies move. I love the way every movement can be appreciated from a different perspective. I'm already waiting for your next video and hoping that you stay well and healthy and let this virus pass you by!
This was delicious and exactly what I needed. Mobility and strengthening! Thank you
Lina S
1 person likes this.
It is an interesting class. Does it mean that by mobilizing our fascias with a circular motion, we can better recruit our muscles or make the move in a more efficient way? I felt all the plank variations were a lot easier.
Lina, good news that you found the planks easier. My understanding is that movements of the thorax in side lying, all fours and sitting prepare the spine to organize for weight bearing through the shoulder girdle and arms.  The preparatory movement sequences do encourage  glide of the layers of tissues that connect the rib basket with the the shoulders, arms, hands and pelvis
sandyjgrant
I came to this class to learn something and then you snuck in all those planks without batting an eyelash and now I'm sweating! But what wonderful sequencing to get there as I was just as surprised as the next to actually be hanging out in a one-arm side plank like nobody's business. A great teaching AND exercising moment, thank you! 
1-10 of 83

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin