Power From Your Core<br>Jamie Isaac<br>Class 5053

Power From Your Core
Jamie Isaac
Class 5053

Watch this Class
Tom C
Great workout, and wonderfully paced.  Thank you for the work, the detailed explanations and comments on good form.  Couldn't see springs and didn't  know for a few of the movements, but it was very good.
Jamie Isaac
Nik C Great question Nik! I'm intending that cue to be a way of reminding us to connect with our deep abdominals before moving. Creating a stable and strong foundation. This way we can be safe and centered, allowing the rest of the body to move freely and efficiently. More specifically by drawing the navel inwards and upwards we can engage the TVA, multifidus,  pelvic floor, diaphragm etc to increase intra-abdominal pressure and stabilize the spine. So, in practice, by 'connecting to the core' before we move makes for a safer and stronger Pilates practice. I hope that helps answer your question, but please do let me know if there are other cues that I can help clear up, as I really want these workouts to work for as many as possible. 🤙
Jamie Isaac
Alicia M Thanks for joining the workout with me. I'm sure your form will improve every time! Great work!
31-33 of 33

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin