Back Care Workshop<br>Brent Anderson<br>Workshop 645

Back Care Workshop
Brent Anderson
Workshop 645

Watch this Workshop
Maktub ~ Thank you for your forum post. We do have classes that focus on working with back pain. You can find these classes here. I hope you enjoy them!
buenas tardes ,este taller comencé a hacerlo hace ya un tiempo y fue imposible terminarlo por la malísima traducción que tenia ,podrían mejorarlo para poderlo terminar ?ya que lo he pagado?.
muchas gracias
This was a wonderful and insightful workshop. Will be trying the reformer class on my own lower back pain issues. looking forward to using these tactile cues for my clients..
Like other people who have left comments, it would have been useful to accompany this workshop with practical mat illustrations of some of the points made by Brett. For example; shifting the movement from the lower back to the hips or thoracic spine - actually showing a handful of 'common' mat based adaptations would have made this more helpful and given me something I could visualise and action. I did find the content useful but was missing this vital element.
Great suggestion, I will consider it on the next one to have some graphics. I am not a graphic guy but know some people. In the meantime, think of a string of pearls or a piece of velcro that had 24 pearls or 24 teeth. If you where not moving in the 12 thoracic pearls it would make a very long fulcrum that would be moving on the lumbar spine. This is the image I wanted to create. we typically do not move well from the rib cage/thoracic spine, hence too much movement in the lumbar spine, shoulders and neck which is where most injuries and pain occurs. Goal is to distribute movement in all the pearls and we know that will inevitably reduce the stress in more vulnerable segments like the lumbar. Hope that helps. B
Thanks for responding Brent, I have also re-watched the reformer section and translated that as much as possible into mat from a cueing and functional movement perspective. I have more and more (post back surgery) clients joining so need to get the confidence up in supporting these guys, but my focus is more about how I build in thoracic movement to classes at a greater scale to try and mitigate any decline in lumbar function I guess . Again, appreciate your feedback. A
Hi Amie, I think I got it. Really any of our breathing exercises, all spine extension exercises being taught from Thoracic spine extension, not lumbar extension i.e. pre swan, dart, scarecrow, single leg kick all emphasize upper thoracic mobility. For lateral flexion nothing better than Mermaide, spine correctors and barrels are amazing too. for Flexion I really like partial roll ups and assisted roll ups provided there is not back pain. Keep in mind any distribution of movement will decrease force.
B
Brent Anderson excellent workshop! Thank you!
Great Workshop Brent ! I have a question and I hope you can give me guidance here I have tow cervical disk and I have recently become a pilates teacher and I dance as well , I have lower back pain and likely another disk , the pain increases in my lower back when practising ballet . My question is ; When your tuck you butt in ( Standing position) to open your hips and not overarch your back, I believe your back should also feels more open , however, it seems and feels the opposite and I feel a pinch as if the vertebras where close together, how do you make sure you are opening your hips to the front and at the same time creating space in the vertebras in your back ? Thanks again for taking the time to do these workshops with such a valuable information.
This was awesome but there was no quiz at end and unable to get cues. Help!
91-100 of 119

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin