Pilates for Scoliosis<br>Madeline Black<br>Workshop 1261

Pilates for Scoliosis
Madeline Black
Workshop 1261

Watch this Workshop
Madeline Black
Hi Marva, there are many factors to consider, age, overall health and physical awareness. I cannot tell you it is appropriate without knowing and seeing the client. Check out Suzanne Martins new Scoliosis book published by Handspring Publishers.
Thank you
This was very informative but as I got toward the end, I was left wondering if the same exercises were ok for an S curve client. Gabby is a C curve and there were throw away comments by Madeline saying if you have an S curve you may want to do this, go the other way ??, hurriedly said and not so I could follow. I'm left wondering what I really should do with my S curve client. Wondering if I paid a lot of money to not get real answers! Deb
Madeline Black
Hi Debbie it has been a few years since this was filmed. I cannot recall exactly what I said. I emphasized the concept of three, four and five curves, not the model of C and S curves. Knowing the curves is important for cueing and set up. Gaby, the model, was one presentation of a typical scoliosis. Observe the spine always as they move to see that there is no collapse of the concave side. Hope this helps.
Madeline, thank you so much! I got so much out of the beginning sections but I was so frustrated at the end. So the exercises you showed on Gaby are good for S curve also, just watch for collapse of the concave side? On the one where you bend over against a roller at the end of the Cadillac, hands on roll down bar, you mentioned that S curves may need to twist. Do they usually rotate left if they’re right thoracic? Do you twist into or away from their rotation? Also, which is their weaker side-concavity or convexity?
Thank you so much for replying! I have a 13 year old client, exactly like you described and I want to make sure I do the right thing for her. Deb
Madeline, I padded my client like you said and it was amazing! Do I leave the pads there during bridge? Thanks so much. I really appreciate your help and your expertise. Deb
Madeline Black
Hi Debbie, use the pads easily at first, not for too long. Yes, to bridging if the client felt good after experiencing the pads, give them a day ir two report how they felt.
Maryam
1 person likes this.
Thank you Madeline for the great work shop. I have scoliosis clients and I put your lessons on play and I saw the changes. Thank you.
Maryam
Thank you so so much Madeline for the great work shop. I passed in second chance. I did learn a lot.
Just i have a question. why did you ask Gabbie to take her Right leg in front in the beginning of Chapter 6?
Madeline Black
Hi Maryam, thank you for sharing your wonderful results. Watch Gaby’s spine as she stands in the position, it begins her spine toward the center, and she engaging from her feet all the way through the spine. This is part of her home program.
51-60 of 79

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin