Prenatal Mat Flow<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 212

Prenatal Mat Flow
Leah Stewart
Class 212

Watch this Class
I take this class every time that it's been a while that I cannot exercise regularly, just to get in touch with my body and I love it!
I loved this class so much! I am 14 weeks into my first pregnancy and an instructor. I let myself get out of practice prior to pregnancy and have been nervous to jump back in. This class gave me such confidence and Leah's cues are so comforting. I think I will repeat this class a few times before moving on. One quick question, if anyone is out there... At what point do you no longer lie supine? I thought I had heard 12 weeks but I still cant seem to avoid sleeping on my back so seeing you cue into supine made me feel better. Just curious about anyone elses recommendations or guidelines. Thanks again.
2 people like this.
I really like a lot of Leah’s classes but this one was not meant for later stages of pregnancy. I’m 26 weeks and stopped halfway through because a section stayed in the supine position longer than I was comfortable with. You’re not supposed to lay on your back for extended periods while pregnant. I was disappointed no modifications were presented. Might be a better class if you’re really early in your pregnancy.

Okay okay. I finished it. My comment was premature but I can’t erase it. Sorry Leah! I’m gonna keep this class in my rotation.
Katie R
I'm a Pilates instructor and nearly 14 weeks pregnant. I really enjoyed this class. it's the first prenatal class I've done and I was worried I wouldn't find it challenging enough but this was not the case! I really liked the modifications and the focus on TVA. Looking forward to following this programme throughout my pregnancy. Thank you Leah Stewart
Beth M
2 people like this.
I am 26 weeks pregnant and found this class too challenging. It would be good to note in the video caption the weeks gestation this is good for. I am aware I am not supposed ti lie flat on my back and had to skip a lot of this workout. 
Susie C.
1 person likes this.
I am a Pilates instructor trainee, and 25 weeks pregnant. I love all of Leah's videos, but can't say that for this one unfortunately. It is too challenging, or not available in my body at this stage, but there was little modifications given. Wish there was a few mentioning of 'what-if' cases, for example, 'if you have diastasis recti started already/or if you are recovering from diastasis recti, do this instead.', or 'if your hip is tight, this is an option.' 
So, I personally like Leah's other videos from her later pregnancies, including her live classes that took a place last month. I feel like Leah took enough time to switch from one exercise to another, and give less kinesthetic cues that are easier for 'general public' of pregnant clients. Hope PA posts the recordings of the live very soon. Anyways, you opened my eyes to prenatal Pilates! Leah Stewart 
Giulia G
Is this ok to do at 24 weeks pregnant? I had to stop as I felt way too much pressure on my back and my abdomen. I felt very unsafe.
Jess H
I love this class and have done it many times during my first and second trimester. Sadly, the further into my pregnancy I get the tougher it is and my knock starts to hurt and I don’t have that strength in my abdominals to do it. This is purely because of how big my tummy is getting. I will definitely be doing this class again post pregnancy as it is a great challenge. I do think Leah mentions in the beginning that this class is good for first and half way through second trimester as they go with how far along she is in her pregnancy.
Thank you Leah ❤️
51-60 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin