Sacroiliac Dysfunction <br>Sherri Betz<br>Tutorial 2037

Sacroiliac Dysfunction
Sherri Betz
Tutorial 2037

Watch this Tutorial
Sherri Betz
Likewise, standing in a single leg position on my right, if I lift my left knee as in marching and my left side hikes then would that be a function of my left glutes and I should cue the left glutes to anchor the pelvis?  No, if you are standing on the right leg, it is a function of the RIGHT gluteus medius that holds the pelvis up.  Try this:  place your hands on your gluteus medius B with your legs apart and shift right and left.  Then stand with your feet together and shift.  You will immediately feel the contraction of the SAME side gluteus medius as you shift the the right, the right GMed will contract.  Think of it as the weightbearing side in bridging or in standing that is actively working to support the pelvis.  If you place your hands on the muscles, you can easily feel which side is contracting...
Sherri Betz
Martha R great question!  My four fingers span across her lumbar spinous processes from L2-L5.  I want mostly to feel what L3-4-5 are doing.  I want to make sure that they are not shifting forward or upward when she is lifting her legs.  This would mean that the abdominals are not working enough and the psoas is pulling the lumbar vertebrae forward into extension...this indicates poor abdominal wall and intra-abdominal pressure management of the lumbar spine.
Sherri Betz
Joan B I think that anything that helps you feel your body and activate more control is great!  I often put people on a harder surface to help them feel their bones.  Sometimes the Trapeze Table is too soft for the client to feel their bones on the mat.  With chronic pain, there is often a downregulation of sensitivity of the nervous system. (like trying to block the pain-blocks ALL sensation to the painful area)
161-163 of 163

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin