Shoulder Exercises<br>Pat Guyton<br>Tutorial 2154

Shoulder Exercises
Pat Guyton
Tutorial 2154

Watch this Tutorial
Thank you! I learn things by listening to my body. Suddenly, I feel like I could use a tweak - what is it that I have forgotten? Then I start seeing the same thing in my clients and can apply what I learned and/or remembered. That is why teaching Pilates is feeling and doing. Teachers must do the work in their bodies otherwise we become theoretical instructors and not teachers.
Wow! As I was a sitting and watching I was practicing the movement patterns. What a powerful way to bring awareness to the arms moving from the back in the rowing series! Thank you for this!
I am glad that you enjoyed this. I have been teaching a workshop called Looking Front and Working Back. The only way that we can see to correct ourselves is looking in the mirror. I would need to get out of my body to see my back and I haven't found a way to do that yet! Therefore, feeling is the only key and direction of a good teacher can lead us to embodiment.
Thanks for this tutorial. I'm definitely taking away the message about elbow positioning relative to the ribcage and shoulders. I also loved the wipe the mirror cue. Totally agree with the comment about how front rowing suddenly makes sense to me now. Thanks again. To take so much away from a relatively short tutorial is pretty amazing!
I love doing tutorials for the very reason that you mention. We need quick bites of information that are digestible, informative, and easy to communicate to our clients.
1 person likes this.
I've just watched this for the second time and had a go at doing the exercises at the same time. Another "aha moment"... thank you Pat Guyton ! This is coming to class Front rowing will never be the same...
Oceane G
1 person likes this.
Great information and learning here. Loved the tutorial  here with Pat
Oceane G Pat Guyton is quite an amazing teacher -- and this tutorial was filmed a few years ago.  You should see/hear what she's up to now!!  I feel fortunate to be one of her long standing students!
21-28 of 28

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin