Prenatal Full-Body Mat<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 239

Prenatal Full-Body Mat
Leah Stewart
Class 239

Watch this Class
(continued from above)......The main point is that the well-known contraindications or concerns with exercises during pregnancy serve the purpose of making us aware of potential issues and act as guidelines for us to make informed decisions regarding exercise and body position choices and to create the necessary modifications, variation and changes to meet the needs of each individual client. They are not their to create fear or to restrict movement during pregnancy. Pregnant women need movement during pregnancy and that includes some supine movement as well. And think about it, women lie on their backs in very doctor's visits for several minutes, they potentially sleep on their backs and most women give birth lying on their backs. (response continued in next post)
(continued from above).....A few moments of wonderful, beneficial exercises that use so form of supine positioning, for women experiencing a healthy, problem-free pregnancy will very very unlikely have any adverse effects. But....and the end of the day, it's always the individual ability, preference, confidence and desire of the client as well as the Pilates teacher to make the most appropriate decision at the time. I'm not saying to just throw caution to the wind and disregard the guidelines, I'm simply encouraging the deep understanding of them, the analysis of them and making smart movement decision based on all the factors. I hope this helps. It's a question that I get all the time, and I'm happy to answer it. My passion is that we as Pilates teachers are equipped to help women to the best of our ability, and that often means inquiring, questioning and exploring. Thank you!
Thanks Leah for taking the time to write a very detailed and explanatory response, I do for sure have a better understanding now . Thank you. Keep up the great work
Awesome, Toni I'm so glad it helped.
Such a great class!
Such a great class!
Such a great class!
Awesome !!!
Alice W
This was so good. I’m almost 20 weeks and used to work out a lot before becoming pregnant- I feel challenged(!), stretched(!) and safe!! with this workout. It is the first one I am favoriting on this site. Thank you so much!!!
Hagar S
I was feeling pretty bad today. Week 21, baby growing and had some trouble breathing. Also felt pressure from new sensations around my tummy. This class made me feel so much better. I feel connected relaxed. Thank you so much :)
41-50 of 50

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin