Find the Best in Your Worst<br>Kathy Corey<br>Workshop 3207

Find the Best in Your Worst
Kathy Corey
Workshop 3207

Watch this Workshop
Michael W
when Emily was doing the roll up her right hip was putting more pressure down making it more stable while the left hip was becoming unstable I believe. so she put the stable right leg over the left and this made the roll up easier while putting the unstable left side over the right made it difficult. I have this problem also  my left stables with more pressure while my right hip tries to come off with the leg. when I put my left stable side over its very difficult and when I put right unstable over its very easy. from my understanding I am suppose to put the stable side over and it should easier seems I am getting the opposite effect as Emily . I am a bit confused which leg to put over. any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.     I am a right handed person if that helps..  Thank you so much for talking about this Kathy I have had this problem forever.
Hi Michael.  I generally put the stable side on top. But every body is different. Try placing a small soft ball under the less stable side and the stable side on top.  Let me know if this helps.  
Michael W
Kathy Corey Hi Kathy. I am  appreciative that you to took the time to help  I did what you said and I was only able to lift off the ground my chest.  been working on this every day and have come to two conclusions. Either my right psoas is to tight and pulling my leg or that my right side is trying to pull most of the load and in its struggle coming up while my non dominant side is happily secured. I am right handed - I thought left side being more secured while my right side was doing all the coordination. my left side is the easy stretching side and with any pilates exercise the the pressure will always go there when needed..With my feet off the ground in bands slightly-- with my stable on top I cant even get off the ground and with the right unstable seems to roll  easily. I am so grateful to hear from...seems my body is a paradox
Michael W
Hello again Kathy and Ty. I worked at it today exactly how you said I had to fold a small square towel under the right buttock to finally feel that gripping more with the stable leg up. I am gonna continue to do this. I am 52 and have I standing job for long hours  15 yrs now what I did forever was the step back into my left leg and let the right leg turn out and float while standing. I stop doing that 3 yrs ago when I started pilates. Even though im right handed there is more pressure in the left even when I sit its subtle but I can tell. There are no teachers in the county of Chemung in new York that I know and always felt left out and alone in my quest until I saw your video and you said why is no one  teaching this stuff. I need to go no further. Ty you again for your masterful knowledge. 
This video keeps stopping. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks! 
1 person likes this.
Hi Tricia, I'm sorry the video isn't playing well for you. Please check out our Video Troubleshooter in our FAQs. If you continue to have issues please email us at support@pilatesanytime.com
Shannon
This was absolutely fantastic!  So many learnings, thank you!
Excellent workshop! I'm totally borrowing the bow and arrow imagery for the single leg stretch :) Also found the "crossing into the scoliosis" tip very helpful as well.
Rajashree Srirangarajan
Amazing break down of the various exercises! What's the exercise called where you are in the trapeze and you have the right leg over the left and hand over left hand. Then twist to one side?
1 person likes this.
Thanks for your comments.  Glad the bow and arrow cues are helpful.  They really change the focus of the exercise.  
21-30 of 42

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin