Conversation on Fear<br>Mariska B. & Kristi C.<br>Discussion 3452

Conversation on Fear
Mariska B. & Kristi C.
Discussion 3452

Watch this Discussion
Hi xeres - I teach a 3-day workshop on Pilates for Neurological Diseases (too long for Pilates Anytime), but you can see some of the ideas from that workshop in the Neuroscience and Balance workshops I have on here! Every neurological client is going to be different, so I can't say what I do is the right thing for everyone. But for myself, I do a LOT of leg strengthening exercises, especially on my more affected left leg. I do Pilates but also weight training and walking. I'm trying to add more plyometrics since my left leg doesn't move fast (but you need fast to stop yourself from a fall). I have a vibration plate called a Galileo that I use for some intense leg strengthening exercises that I do 2-3 times a day. I also have stretches for areas that MS has made tight - calves, hamstrings, pecs - I do these every day. :)
Thank you so much for your time and the information very valuable
I will have a look
Xeres
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much for this discussion. I needed to hear this tonight. I am grieving the lose of a friendship...more of an emotional pain. I realized after watching this that I fear being judged and being exposed. Kristi I totally agree with your statement about if you don't move your dead. I always feel better after I move. Pilates anytime is really such a huge part of my life. Thanks ladies for doing what you do and being so brave.
Thank you so much for this discussion. I just came back to Pilates Anytime today after a 2 years and voila like magic this video was waiting for me.
Ladies I loved this discussion so much. It was just what I needed. I feel as though you are helping so many people with each of your stories.
A terrible car accident in 2016, left me slowly unable to walk, bend, sit much less teach. (been a dancer mover teacher for over 30 years)
I have been a long time member of Pilates Anytime and avid fan of Girl Time and so many more wonderful videos which fed me physically , mentally and spiritually since 2011. I had so much fun reviewing PA Videos on my Page Pilates Nature on FB.

I went through this whole embarrassment thing too. I should know how to fix this I said to myself. No one was expecting that from me but me. Some of my former clients just didn't get what happened to me because I looked fairly normal. I felt the expectation was to be me who I always was. But I wasn't . I felt and still do feel I have to explain my circumstance or else someone will ask me to teach...which I want...but I cant.
I was always a mover. Many of us here were and still are. We know who we are right? The very thing we all love and appreciate so much. Pilates has always been a cure for me for my scoliosis and arthritis, and its great for mind body balance.
Sometimes we are catapulted on a new path. There is a reason for all of this. We will always be teachers right. I was sooo fearful of coming back to Pilates Anytime. I have missed teaching and moving so much.
I can do this!!! You can do this!! We can all do this together.
Again, words cant begin to convey the gratitude I have for Pilates Anytime and for you Kristi. You all have made me feel less alone in my journey back to movement. I wish you all the best everyone here!!
Welcome back Jeanne !! I still have many, many moments where I fear that people are judging me (or will), and if you put yourself out there, it can happen. But who is perfect, right? And how amazing your body is to allow you to move after a horrible car accident? It finds workarounds and tries to return you to health (I feel like I’ve heard that somewhere before). I know that every day I move, I feel more alive. And these past two weeks, I’ve walked without tripping. Not sure what I did differently, but for now, my body is trying to be agreeable. I think everyone’s has its ups and downs. When you have an illness or injury, you appreciate it that much more. I wish you all the best!
Thank you both for taking time to share your stories and fears. You are courageous and inspiring. Wishing you both healing in you lives. I look forward to the workshop.
Elise J
an amazing and important discussion, as mental fitness is as important as physical fitness. choices are either based in LOVE or based in fear.... we must choose wisely :) great dialogue. thank you!
11-19 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin