Mat Play<br>Saul Choza<br>Class 3560

Mat Play
Saul Choza
Class 3560

Watch this Class
Chuhang G
1 person likes this.
Saul Choza I found the squats and lunges to be unusual from my experience. During the squats I was confused about whether my feet should be together, and I think some clarification would have helped.
Chuhang i can see how it can be a little confusing. I made it clear, that the squats were very unconventional. There are many facets of  Classical Pilates that some certification programs do not touch upon. The Joseph Pilates squats, which you can find on YouTube, are executed in a Pilates stance. It is the classical stance you would use on exercises like “backward frog.” In this video, I taught a variation of the original. To see the traditional way of doing it, check out my latest mat video. In Classical, there’s a proper way to descend to the floor which is challenging. The students were doing it right after the lunges, with one foot in front of the other. The lunges in this video prepare and help  strengthen those muscles you need for the classical descent to the floor. These lunges can also be a second option for descending to the floor. 
great class!!! thank you 
It was extremely difficult for me trying to do the last jumping exercises with rounded back! Hahaha i couldn't avoid laughing of me trying to coordinated!
Excellent cuing!
Lucero García Yes, it is challenging at first. Think of the “rolling like a ball” connection on the roll forward. Hope this helps! 
41-46 of 46

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin