Pelvic Floor Dysfunction<br>Christi Idavoy<br>Discussion 3721

Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
Christi Idavoy
Discussion 3721

Watch this Discussion
Kathleen M
Thank you for this Christi! I have a few questions, whether they're answered here or on the next discussion, I'd appreciate it! Ive heard some teachers say they don't cue pelvic floor anymore, and I personally don't cue it often. I guess how much, or when should we cue the pelvic floor? And secondly, how much of a contraction do we cue? I was taught a 20% contraction (if you thought of a full Kegal as 100%) was all to cue. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!

Kathleen M
2 people like this.
Also, I met with a pelvic floor physical therapist and I found this advice helpful. She said to challenge your tissues to just before the point of experiencing incontinence. Aka, if you jump 10 times but leak on the 10th, then practice jumping 9 times until you can do the 10th without leaking.
Excellent discussion.   I think introducing this type of discussion  in a very suttle way is a great guide to help many women to open up. Thank you to all of you for your openness.  
Thank you so much, awesome talk. I look forward to the next one....keep us posted X
Dawn L
Thank you for a wonderful conversation on this sensitive topic. I am looking forward to learning more about this subject and how we can empower ourselves and our clients!
I agree with the others about the usefulness of the discussion but I’m really looking forward to seeing the practical exercises we can incorporate into our classes. Can you give us an idea of when these videos will be released?
Thanks for doing all the hard work for us x
Tricia D
Thank you for this talk. This is so important and needed. 💗
Tricia Thank you for watching and commenting.  So great to know you find it helpful and relevant.  Sending love!
Kathleen Hi there!  It's been a while since you asked your question, but I figured it's never too late to connect.  I feel that cueing can be a very case by case topic and specific to a person's or group's needs and it can also be very universal... there are times and places for everything, so we want to reflect on the alignment/ congruency of our cues with the audience in mind.  On the pelvic floor cueing, since we know that it part of breath work, I am a big proponent of breathing/doing to observe and feel and deepen our awareness so that we can first sense what we feel/find rather than imposing what we think we should be doing.  Observing and listening to the body more than we direct and control is how we develop our intuition.  When teaching to a mixed audience I would cue the breath and the alignment and the mind to notice.
Cher
Thank you so much for this discussion. Very informative
11-20 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin