Curiosity and Courage<br>Allie Greene<br>Class 5193

Curiosity and Courage
Allie Greene
Class 5193

Watch this Class
Local Motion Project
Great work. I am so excited to see this entering into Pilates spaces. It is so relevant and exciting! Wondered if some of this is informed by elements of dance, BrainDance (Anne Green Gilbert) and/or work of Peggy Hackney, Igmad Bartenieff and/or Peggy Hackney?  None the less- great - excited to see more and how you incorporate these ideas. 
Local Motion Project Hi! Thanks for your lovely comments! I have incorporated elements of Body Mind Centering. I have been a student since 2017. All of my teaching is now through a developmental lens. Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen studied with Igmad Bartenieff so there is absolute cross over. I am a huge fan of Anne Green Gilbert! I use her Brain Dance (with full credit) in a workshop I filmed for Fusion Pilates EDU called Kids Move: Growing Resiliency Through Movement. So although I did not incorporate her brain dance here I think once again the developmental patterns piece weaves through all of these amazing pioneers. I am a dancer (retired professionally) so I think that part always comes out when I teach. I want people to feel and inhabit themselves. I like to weave the developmental work with psychology, neuroscience etc. As you know it's all connected! 
11-12 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin