Functional Strength<br>Erin Wilson<br>Class 5247

Functional Strength
Erin Wilson
Class 5247

Watch this Class
Thank you great class! I have been working on the Turkish get up so i loved the last exercise. 
Angela T
lovely class, Erin! Thank you!
Heidi H thank you so much for taking the class! The Turkish get up is such a great, functional exercise. So happy you could benefit from these movements 🙏🏻
Angela T thank you so much for taking the class! 😊🙏🏻
Great session packed with lots if useful movements and tips - thank you!
Louisa Harris thank you for taking the class! I am so happy you liked it!
Very poor lunge form, your front knee was going in front of the of the ankle, rather than keeping your front knee in line with the ankle.
1 person likes this.
Lori F thank you for your concern😊The traditional knee-over-ankle position in a lunge/squat has been the doctrine since the 1960’s. Recent studies show that allowing the knee(s) to move past the ankle increases torque at the knee joint by ~28%, however when moving the knee past the ankle is restricted, torque in the hip increased more than 1,000%. Disproportionately placing forces on the hip/lumbar complex allowing for a greater increase in low back injuries and LBP. My concern is more about alignment of the knee (not allowing for collapsing inwards) to optimize efficient force transmission through the joint. Knee(s) moving past the ankle is a normal and functional component of life. Knees move in this direction to go upstairs, walk uphill, getting down to floor, etc. Ultimately, all exercises should be done with the person’s unique anatomy and physical abilities in mind😊
I love the routine and the keye. I would like less talking/stopping.
https://www.pilatesanytime.com/account/profile.cfm?cust_id=365703$concep">Conce P thank you so much for taking the class and for your feedback 😊. I will keep that in mind in the future. Thanks again!
11-20 of 26

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin