Scapular Stabilization<br>Rael Isacowitz<br>Workshop 1051

Scapular Stabilization
Rael Isacowitz
Workshop 1051

Watch this Workshop
Sandra ~ Unfortunately we don't have any printable materials to go along with this workshop. You are able to watch this video as many times as you like, so you can always go back to specific chapters if you need to reference a specific section. I hope you are enjoying this workshop!
Hi Sandra, thank you for watching this workshop. Most of the exercises are either covered in my book, Pilates 2nd edition (Human Kinetics) or in our BASI Movement Analysis Workbooks both available at basipilates.com. I typically do not include pictures of the exercises in my handouts, one of the reasons being that I often change tack midway through a workshop based on the questions and needs of the group. Let me know if I can be of any further help.
I found this workshop incredibly informative. I myself struggle with scapular stabilization and my husband is currently rehabbing his shoulder so I am so excited to start using these exercises. One thing that would have been helpful would be if the exercises were shown from the back as well so we could see the movement (or lack of movement) of the scapula.
Sandra, I completely agree, a back view would have been very beneficial. I myself went through 2 extensive rotator cuff surgeries, so much of my approach is a result of going through the extensive rehab process.
Rael, this was an excellent workshop for Pilates instructors AND for physical therapists. I have always been a proponent of scapular stabilization work, which is critical when treating (as I do in my PT practice) neck, shoulder and spine problems. It is indeed the critical part of rotator cuff rehab that if not addressed, will never afford an optimal rehab outcome. I thank you for this very well presented workshop, and for your tireless enthusiasm and passion for Pilates that is so wonderfully contagious to all who have had the pleasure to learn from you!
Dear Kerry, thank you so much of your feedback and eloquently expressed support. Clearly having both Pilates and PT qualifications affords you a position to have a great impact on peoples well being. Your clients and patients are fortunate to have you.
Fabulous workshop for me as a Pilates Instructor and cyclist. After a year of cycling my shoulders are starting to talk to me, this workshop will keep me mindful of good mechanics on the bike and how to use these exercises for addressing pain. Thank you for sharing and everything you do for the pilates community.
Brenda B
Not sure why my comment didn't post. I loved the workshop. Rael's awesome. My question for him was this: what would be the difference between doing the biceps press on the opposite shoulder as doing it on the same side shoulder? Also, it'd be nice to have a handout to go along with the workshop, as other instructors do. Thanks Rael!
Hi Brenda, thank you for your kind words about this workshop. I am wondering if you are referring to tricep press as opposed to biceps press? If you could give me a time code I can go back to the video and look at it. Regarding a handout, I agree, it was probably a mistake not to have a handout accompany the workshop. I will certainly take this into account for future workshops on PA.
Brenda B
I was referring to the biceps one, the one you put the magic circle on your shoulder and press down on it with the same side hand and "tap your head" with it! Thanks, Rael!
21-30 of 38

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin