Scapular Stabilization<br>Rael Isacowitz<br>Workshop 1051

Scapular Stabilization
Rael Isacowitz
Workshop 1051

Watch this Workshop
Got it! Sorry it did not click initially. I cannot remember the context from the workshop, but doing this exercise demands solid scapular stabilization, and in fact good trunk stabilization (and alignment). I would definitely recommend doing it on both shoulders and you may observe the one side being weaker in terms of scapular and /or trunk stability. You can then address that issue in multiple ways. I hope this helps. Feel free to write to me rael@basipilates.com for further input.
Thank you so much Rael.
Dane B
1 person likes this.
Rael Isacowitz I am a Physiotherapist for 13 years, and a Pilates teacher for 14 and this was one of the BEST presentations I have seen. It was fantastic because you took a infinitely complex joint and made it understandable without sacrificing the importance of the key concepts. It is good to hear the concepts covered again because in your presentation, I picked up details that I had forgotten as well as exercises that I had not seen previously. I first was introduced to your teaching at Body Mind Spirit conference many years ago and I remember the energy you had in teaching your workshop as well as your patience with answering many questions after. I have gone on to become a master teacher for Balanced Body and attended your workshops at various conferences. From the first to the last, I have attempted to pattern my teaching style and depth of understanding after you. Thank you for the work you do and for continuing to keep the quality of Pilates instruction high.

Dane Burke
Dear Dane , thank you for your very kind and encouraging sentiments. I continue to be intrigued by the shoulder as I head toward yet another shoulder surgery. This will be my third. Going through this process has given me unique perspective of a joint that I push to the limits every day. I am a swimmer, dancer, surfer, windsurfer, kiteboarder, snowboarder, mountain bike rider, SUP'er and, most importantly, a Pilates practitioner that does all the highest level work (shoulder dominant). As you know surgery is only as good as the rehab. Correction of shoulder dysfunction is only as good as the teacher. This demands knowledgable therapists and knowledgable Pilates instructors to guide these processes toward a positive outcome. We desperately need physiotherapists (PT's) like you who can successfully fulfill both roles.
You are such an excellent teacher Rael...once again ı am enlighted by your great explanations...thank you..
Thank you Cigdem for your very kind and gracious words. I am pleased my teaching hits the mark for you. All the best.
Wow!!!! What an amazing workshop!!!!! Thank you so much Rael!!!!!
Malgosia, I appreciate you taking this workshop. I am so happy you enjoyed it and found it valuable.
31-38 of 38

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin