Pilates for Scoliosis<br>Madeline Black<br>Workshop 1261

Pilates for Scoliosis
Madeline Black
Workshop 1261

Watch this Workshop
Hi Madeline, This workshop was wonderful! I I have a few clients with scoliosis and already use many of the techniques you discussed but after watching this I have a much deeper understanding. I really appreciated the visuals and the organization of your material. Getting to see you work with Gabby in real time was so beneficial. Your explanation of the rotation part of scoliosis was so helpful as well as getting to watch you cue her. I also appreciated your comments regarding using your eyes and trying things. If its not working change it. It sounds like such common sense but hearing it from an accomplished teacher is reassuring. Thank you so much!!
1 person likes this.
Hi Madeline,

Thank you so much for share! I'm with a 73 years old musician client. She plays violin since 5, so the violin position really transform her posture along her life. She started Pilates with me 8 months ago and her posture really changed a lot. So much that she need to change her "espaleira" (an Violin accessorie to hold the instrument) 3 times already.
And your workshop is really given me a light. I was making a very intuitive plan of class with her and now, with this workshop I have more instruments and information to work with. Still need to practice my preception, but it's a life change workshop! Thank you very much!!!
1 person likes this.
Awesome workshop. I've just started with a new client with a lumbar scoliosis who says he has never been shown how to breathe to move, in four years of Pilates. Hoping to make great progress with him! Inspired by Madeline Black....can you visit England???
Madeline Black
Hi Tania, I will be in London April 24-26 with Pilates on Tour, hoep to see you there.
1 person likes this.
Dear Madeline, I've a client with scoliosis who's fused from T2-T12. She's been referred by her physio who advise me I could work her in every plane of movement. However, I'm still concerned... in standing roll down she moves as if she's only two vertebra in the thoracic spine (doesn't look good) and is rotation & sideband ok? e.g. cossack or sidebands. Thank you for taking the time to read this
Madeline Black
Hi Aishling, I would recommend that you do not do standing roll down. You eye is good to notice how she is not able nor ever will move from the fusion T2-T12. Please study this workshop so that you understand and see how to cue and help organize your client. Move her always with an eye toward bringing her spine toward center with strength, and observe all the curves of the spine. There are plenty of Pilates movements available to her, however, it is fine tuning her ability and range within the Pialtes movement. Best wishes to you.
Madeline, thank you so much for your quick response. At present I'm watching your upper thorax vertebromanubrial region workshop. Then I plan on studying this workshop on scoliosis… busy day!
Can you help load this now paid program into my accout to watch offline please. The app has no help features
Hi Madeline, do you teach also in a regular class people with scoliose?I find it hard do guide them al together. I want to give the clientes a separate private class and teach them how to work with their scoliose in the different positions. Do you see always a client first in a private class or straight in a group?
I'm watching video 2 and the sound is not available. I've checked all of my settings. Can someone please let me know if there is an issue? Thank you
21-30 of 79

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin