Joint Release Methods<br>Debora Kolwey<br>Tutorial 1578

Joint Release Methods
Debora Kolwey
Tutorial 1578

Watch this Tutorial
3 people like this.
It would be interestingly to learn if Ms Kristi Cooper felt any "lasting effect" from these exercises, unique to the legendry Eve Gentry.
Paola Maruca
1 person likes this.
LOve it....more more more
Beautiful :)
That was very interesting! Debora, would you do that with a client not knowing whether there is an inflammation in the joint or around it? And could you show something similar with back-pain? Thank you!
I did have lasting effects Mat Work. The ability to let go will always be a challenge for me, but Debora's delivery and these exercises are not far from my mind no matter what i'm doing. What this did for me was show me how free my body can be. So when I do feel that tension I find ways to let go in my body (not often pretty but super helpful). I also really appreciate the communication that happens between Debora and I in this video. It's hard to describe, but it was more powerful than perhaps can be seen by another. Mostly, it was a real sense of presence with her and myself. I think most of my bracing patterns come from thinking about the future or the past. This video reminds me of how important letting go and being present is... and how good (and tingly) it can feel!
Florence P
Great Great Great work! Thank you Deborah Kolwey for Sharing this material coming from Eve Gentry.
Very cool! Thank you both so much! Would love to see more of this work.
Debora Kolwey
As always, I am simply thrilled that these videos are watched and I am so happy with the thoughtful comments. This work, this approach, is particularly beneficial to decrease inflamation in joints. The important point is to work with the client to release holding and bracing...first! The range of motion and small number of repetitions is designed to keep the person below an inflammatory response. Better to do little bits a few times a day, than alot all at once. This, of course, takes patience and committment. That is also the logic of the teacher essentially "taking over" for them, at first. One must establish a relationship and build trust. As Kristi so apty wrote, much of the magic that occurs, does so "in the moment" between the two people; not by merely taking someone through a series of movements. Thanks everyone for your interest. Keep asking the questions!! All my best, Debora
Debora Kolwey
I would dearly love to return to Pilates Anytime and share more of this approach; be it for back pain, or any joint/area of the body. I hope to return sometime in early 2015.
1 person likes this.
Hello Debora, not exactly lunch in Boulder but I was happy to find you here. Thank you for sharing with interesting approach to healthy movement. I look forward to trying this with a few people I know who would truly benefit from it.
1-10 of 31

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin