Carola's Assessment<br>Jillian Hessel<br>Tutorial 1906

Carola's Assessment
Jillian Hessel
Tutorial 1906

Watch this Tutorial
2 people like this.
Thanks Jillian: great memories of our work together. Love that children's book. I want one!
3 people like this.
thanks Jillian, very clearly explained.
1 person likes this.
Worth gold! Thank you for making the tutorial so informative, yet simple. Excellent
3 people like this.
I wish I had seen this when I was learning postural analysis in training , clear & easy . Thank you
Saleha S
1 person likes this.
Hi Jillian, thank you for the wonderful tutorial.
Where can I find the charts you used?
Thanks
3 people like this.
Jillian, Cannot tell you enough how much I am learning and enjoying "Pilates Anytime" , Just love it!

Erica V
1 person likes this.
Thank you, very good explaination!
Love the book, but when I looked for a 2nd hand copy, the prices shocked me...
Hi Everyone, thanks for watching my Posture Tutorial on PA. I'm always grateful to have feedback, and I appreciate the time you have taken to not only take class, but also to write your comments!
Saleha, the anatomical charts I used are standard ones. You can most definitely buy them online. They are laminated, which makes them very durable, and I do like to use them to demonstrate the basic anatomy to my first time clients, just as Carola Trier did during her Introductory Postural Tutorial.
And Erica, yes, the remaining 2nd hand copies of Carola's book have become very expensive, as it never enjoyed a second printing. This is one reason why I wanted to read from it and share a good bit of it on PA, so people are aware of its' existence, and Carola's huge contribution to the Pilates Industry.
Hi Jillian,

What is the purpose of making the client raise on her toes? Is the purpose to only check her balance?

Thank you.
Thanks for the question, Safiah. The purpose of the rise at the end is indeed to check the client's balance, but also to test how they return to the full foot, and standing posture when they come back down from demi-pointe. If you remember, we began the assessment by discussing the center of balance on the foot: the big toe, little toe, and heel. Often, after a client rises up, they will return down in their original posture, which we are attempting to correct. So the rise also tests their muscle memory for the new information!
1-10 of 23

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin