Stretching your Spine<br>Anthony Lett<br>Class 1923

Stretching your Spine
Anthony Lett
Class 1923

Watch this Class
9 people like this.
Too long in "cobra" position. Too many people have traps raising into ears, shouldn't "relax shoulders" into ears. We should be strengthening the musculature that keeps the shoulders out of the ears. The upper spine extension exercise is actually just a shoulder extension exercise. I never give negative comments, but this was too much wrong.
11 people like this.
Lisa there are many assumptions I would like to explore about your comments. Some would include which movements you allow a person to be exposed to and what principles your rules are based upon.
2 people like this.
Anthony thank you. My clients are going to really enjoy some of these "stretches"
Thank you. Glad to hear :)
2 people like this.
The reformer is a unique apparatus for stretching. Thank you for presenting your innovations.
4 people like this.
I really loved these stretches Anthony. I got a few adjustments in my craniumn and jaw after doing them! I will be very keen to participate in more of your work. You have a very calming presence which facilitates the deep release most of us require. Thank you so much.
Thanks Clare. I'm surprised to hear about your cranium but it goes to demonstrate the interconnectedness of you and your physical body.
thank you for the stretches although I agree with Lisa about the first 7 or so minutes of the class 5 of which were holding shoulders and in extension. that was an extremely long time to hold in down stretch/cobra, a lot of pressure on the lumbar spine and no cue to draw in the abdominals. I suppose this could be considered a class but thought of it more as a tutorial for stretching.
Fantastic stretchy reformer session - perfect for New Year's Day! Thank you
1 person likes this.
Delighted to hear Jennifer. Don't leave until the 1/1/16 to do it again though!
1-10 of 38

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin