Advanced Screening Skills<br>Brent Anderson<br>Workshop 2118

Advanced Screening Skills
Brent Anderson
Workshop 2118

Watch this Workshop
Monique ~ I'm sorry you were having trouble with the quiz. We have updated your account and you should be able to access it without a problem. I hope you enjoyed this workshop!
Hello there, I can’t watch the video as it’s a premium content and I haven’t purchased it- but I can’t figure out how buy it
Carolina ~ Above the video there should be a box with a "Buy Now" button. Once you click that button, you can follow the prompt to purchase the workshop. This option is not available on the app, but if you are on the site via a browser, you should see it. If you have any trouble, please email us at support@pilatesanytime.com.
Dianne H
Thank you for such an information-filled workshop with so much to go away with and implement.
In the hundred you talk about having good displacement of breath. I feel a bit silly but I'm wondering if you can clarify what that means so I can get it clear in my head. The breath should mainly go into the base of the back of the lungs in this position so you can keep engaging the ta and pelvic floor. Am I correct? Thanks really enjoying going more in-depth with the fitness screening. Would love to be able to do the advanced screening online :)
Regarding Sarah's comment: great questions about the hundreds and breath. before I answer the question, I will explain why I love the hundreds so much. The legs create a constant load on the spine and because it is over time we must breath. Since the gravity load is constant then the breath is a variable and so are the muscles of the core. That said as we breath in, ribs must move and abdominal and pelvic floor muscles will eccentrically contract to maintain the intra-abdominal pressure constant to sustain the legs against gravity. i feel it is easiest to try to breath posterior as you mentioned as well as lateral, anterior displacement with breath would increase challenge of holding the legs against gravity. Hope that helps.
Anyway we can get a file of the print outs?
Sara ~ The printouts are available in a link underneath the description once you purchase the workshop. You can see them on the full or mobile versions of the site.
Hi Brent,
I came back to this workshop, since it is a really great one, and I thought it can´t be bad to repeat.. Maybe I only watched it the first time, - this time I tried some things myself ( being an pilates Teacher) and found myself totally unable to lift my leg in the side lift. I ususally skip that exercise also in my classes, because hardly anybody can do it. I cannot figure out the whole story - is it only a weekness of the adductors and obliques? How would I exercise to build up that strength? I am a little embarrassed to ask this question but know you can help. Thank you!
Hi Silke, Start the test with the lower leg bent so the weight is on the knee. Attempt to lift the hip off of the ground, it is also easier to do with the arm extended, decreasing the load of gravity on the hip. Test there and establish a base line. progress from there. To answer your question, you could rely solely on the top leg to lift you up focusing on the adductors. If you use the lower leg it is the abductors.
More and more attention is being given to the strength of the coronal plane muscles in walking and running. Best of luck
51-60 of 69

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin