Prenatal Mat Flow<br>Leah Stewart<br>Class 212

Prenatal Mat Flow
Leah Stewart
Class 212

Watch this Class
Desiree,

I am so glad that you will be using my classes throughout your pregnancy. I wanted to created Pre Natal classes that were challenge yet still safe. Enjoy!!
Great class, will do it again and again throughout my pregnancy. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Are you going to add more classes soon? Ones that don't require pilates equiptment? (balls etc are fine, but most people don't have reformers etc...in their house)...would love to see more...
1 person likes this.
Hi Zoe,

Sorry for the late response. Yes, I hope to add more pre-natal classes in the future. I do have pre-natal classes here on PA that use the stability ball and thera-band. Please check those out as well - they are some of my favorite classes. There is also another pre-natal mat class Please let me know if you have any questions.

Leah,
Thank you for a wonderful class. I wish I had been able to take your classes during (and after) my first pregnancy. Books are useful, your wonderful cueing made me squeeze out the extra juice and enjoy this wonderful class much more than doing things on my own. I felt pilates was very important during my first pregnancy for keeping lower back pain away, and afterwards it helped me recover from a C-section.
I am having great difficulties with this class as it it refuses to play beyond the first 10 minutes. Please can you check this out
Niamh~ I would recommend restarting your computer and then watching the video in Auto-Detect. If you continue having problems, please email contact@pilatesanytime.com
Anna - thank you for your comment! I am so happy to hear that Pilates was so helpful during your first pregnancy and C-section recovery - isn't Pilates just so wonderful?!?

Hi Leah,

I'm 21 weeks pregnant, can I still do this class?

Thanks so much for all these prenatal classes. They are great and extremely helpful. If possible please add more.
Hi Inbal,

You could probably do most of these exercises in this class, but you may need to make some modifications depending on your personal situation i.e. - the size of your belly, your strength and/or any discomforts you may have. All the exercises are safe, but adjustments during the late 2nd and 3rd trimesters are made for comfort and additional safety.

For instance, with the modified Double and Single Leg Stretches (where we're on our elbows and the legs are moving) you may need to modify by just performing the exercise with one leg at a time so that one foot is flat on the floor offering stability and support. Does that make sense?

Listen to your body and if something doesn't feel comfortable, make appropriate adjustments. I wish I could give you additional modifications for every exercise So, if you need any, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Take care!

Leah
11-20 of 61

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin