The Psoas<br>Ruth Alpert<br>Tutorial 2170

The Psoas
Ruth Alpert
Tutorial 2170

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Very informative. I will use this in my practice. Thank you!
1 person likes this.
Thank you Ruth, very clear explanation which helps me understand how the psoas functions.
Thank you Ida and Paulinka - glad it was useful!
Thank you Ruth very informative
Thanks Theresa, appreciate your feedback.
1 person likes this.
(Edited by Moderator - Noelle White on September 26, 2019)
This is extremely valuable information, thank you Ruth! I'm gonna go buy a book on the Psoas right now I'm a teacher student and had been suspecting that some of the struggles I have with certain exercises may have something to do with the
Psoas.
Now I learned that I never actually release it (plus I sit all day in my
normal job!) and I have to start doing that. The emotional component of
it just blew my mind! And thanks for saying the thing about the
Footwork. The cue is often to resist on the way back but I think
intuitively most people would do the right
thing!
In
short, super valuable information that I think is neglected in even
very progressive teacher training courses but that is SO important to
understand if you want to offer Pilates that fits contemporary
lifestyles. Thank you so much!!
1 person likes this.
(Edited by Moderator - Noelle White on September 26, 2019)
Thank you so much - I'm thrilled to hear your comments, how useful the info is for you. Exactly the purpose of Pilates Anytime videos!
1 person likes this.
I have to follow up on this once more. Ruth, I want to say that your presentation in the tutorial is impeccable and the information you presented is really valuable. I think trying to release the Psoas during certain exercises is legit as an aim and I will try to pursue that. But I want to leave one more comment nonetheless in order for viewers to have a complete feedback.

< div>I bought a book by the author you mentioned, Liz Koch, right after watching - the one that's explicitly aimed at Pilates, Yoga, dance students/instructors. I have to say I wasn't impressed. Her claims are mostly BEYOND esoteric and have no proof whatsoever. Now you could see it as more of a philosophy than a guide, but it's not what the book pretends to be. As a guide and as far as anatomical information goes, it doesn't contain anything you don't learn in a legitimate Pilates teacher training course. Just wanted to add this because I was really frustrated with this book.
1 person likes this.
Julia R: Appreciate your feedback about Liz Koch's book. She has a very particular point of view, which you don't hear anywhere else, that's for sure! She is very articulate when she speaks (I did a teleclass with her some years ago), more so than in her writing - and there were pieces of it that I found quite interesting and useful. You are right, none of it is provable; it comes from her experience.... and I take it on that level.
1 person likes this.
I learned a lot.  My psoas is not happy.  I am starting to understand why!  Thank you for this tutorial!

71-80 of 83

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin