Take Ownership of your Body<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Class 2259

Take Ownership of your Body
Benjamin Degenhardt
Class 2259

Watch this Class
What an INCREDIBLE teacher. I loved learning the standing versions of the exercises first before taking them to the floor. Many gems in these series with Benjamin
Why do I feel so much pressure in my head and strain in my neck?
Benjamin Degenhardt
Dear Beth—that is certainly not an experience you'd want in your practice. Can you tell me how and when specifically you experience pressure/strain during this class? Also let me know whether you are new or experienced with Pilates, and whether you have any physical conditions that might contribute to the experience of pressure/strain, and I will do my best to advise you!
Thank you so much for your response.
I am new to Pilates/Anytime as well and am trying to figure out how to just do beginner classes. My doctors have said Pilates is safe for me to do. I have 9 bulging discs and nearly bone on bone in my neck. I felt the pain toward the end of the class.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings,

Beth Wright
Beth, As a founder of Pilates Anytime I want to first welcome you to the website and commend you for taking charge of your health and well being as you are. Here at PA we always recommend that people take a few private lessons with a Pilates teacher first if possible, but in your case, I'd say it was imperative. What you describe above suggests that you need significant and specific personal attention to your physical needs prior to using our site. Pilates is probably a great choice for you, but I suspect your Dr. assumed you would be working with a teacher in person. For your own safety, and to get the most out of your Pilates experience, I hope you will pause your account and seek out a qualified Pilates instructor in your area. Feel free to email us at Contact@Pilatesanytime.com and we can guide you to our studio finder and offer some tips for finding an instructor that can help build a safe foundation for you. Thank you for asking the right questions!
Benjamin Degenhardt
I second Kristi's advice and would highly recommend seeking personal instruction to get introduced to this work. It will help you build an understanding of how your body can move safely and how to modify exercises to keep your spine happy. This would certainly require hands-on and eyes-on instruction and I hope you'll take Kristi up on her offer to assist you in finding a studio/teacher near you. Best wishes, and keep us posted!
2 people like this.
Wow, I am a therapist and very impressed, what a nice lesson and wonderful skill building series in a friendly way to get back into mate work after being out of it for a couple of years. Wonderful instructor, very inviting and accepting of all levels, that is a hard skill to develop! ;)
Benjamin Degenhardt
Thanks Erin!!!
Love this. Will do it tonight. Very brave women. Good clear instructions.
Janis W
I love the standing hip flexion series.
21-30 of 38

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin