Mat Basics<br>Benjamin Degenhardt<br>Class 2264

Mat Basics
Benjamin Degenhardt
Class 2264

Watch this Class
1 person likes this.
Hi Benjamin - thank you. Can I get a clarification? I watched your intro and did the very first video that was 20 min. Then I did watch yesterday your second video in the series which at first I thought would be too hard but it seems like some of those exercises I can probably do...so when you said series of four - were you referring to the 4 in your program? or did I miss something before this? I'm new to PA so finding the very easy workouts can be hard sometimes - esp. with severe limitations. I appreciate your time!
1 person likes this.
love it but got to rewind a lot he speaks sooo fast :D :D :D no offense meant i know time is gold :) more power! will continue watching ;)
1 person likes this.
p.s. i am trying to learn everything even the words behind the movements and its purpose, etc. kind a squeezing everything from the class itself :D
1 person likes this.
Great way to explain the lenghtening on the back of the neck with the fist infront! Thanks for your great teaching style :) It's a whole new sensation of the body.
Refreshing! Thank you, Benjamin
1 person likes this.
I felt so amazing after this class, even when it was just the basics. The final breath put a smile on my face knowing I am doing something great for myself. Thank You!!!
wonderful class!! thank you!!!
I love how you present and teach 'one leg circle'. It is very different from the way I do this exercise and It feels wonderful. Question: is this the way Joseph Pilates would have taught 'one leg circle'?
Benjamin Degenhardt
Everyone, thanks for watching! Mary—in his original book, Joseph Pilates noted that the "hip is raised" while performing the biggest circle available, but "shoulders and head must always remain on the floor" (to maintain control and opposition). It isn't taught this way much anymore, I am so glad you appreciated this "old new" way of experiencing the movement.
1 person likes this.
That was great - Thanks!
1 person likes this.
This is the class that made me a Benjamin Degenhardt fan! I love the explanation of the stance as an exercise in and of itself. The cues are spot on and I have found myself using them with my own students both in Pilates and in my other somatic movement lessons.
41-50 of 59

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin