Connect the Dots<br>Cathleen Murakami<br>Class 2328

Connect the Dots
Cathleen Murakami
Class 2328

Watch this Class
Cathleen Murakami
You just made my day! Thanks, Christina....stay in touch and perhaps we will meet in person one day, too!
1 person likes this.
This class is incredible! Best explanations and imagery. Perfect amount of details. So clear! You really did put the FUN in fundamentals!
Cathleen Murakami
Whoo hoo @ Jen, thanks for the positive feedback and hope you have a chance to have some FUN with some of my other classes, too!
1 person likes this.
Cathleen... I just love your style and can't wait to continue with this progressive class.
Cathleen Murakami
Thanks, Catherine....hope you enjoy the progressions. I always appreciate the comments and support
1 person likes this.
Absolutely fantastic class! Back to basics for all levels. Wonderful teaching and cueing
Cathleen Murakami
So happy you enjoyed! Filming for PA in December 2016, so if you have any "wants", please feel free to message me here or my email: cathleen@synergypilates.com
1 person likes this.
Is there any real proof that the Lumbar curve should be there?
Cathleen Murakami
PART ONE: Hello Mastaneh, thank you for posing this very debatable question. The degree of concavity for the lumbar curve is variable from person to person. Some individuals have a very pronounced lumbar curve, while others seem rather "flat" in the lumbar vertebrae.
In GENERAL, I ask individuals to lie supine with their knees bent and "feel", without touching where their lumbar spine lies. (this is in the group class setting) Always, the feedback ranges from some individuals feeling their spines flat on the floor, while others have quite a pronounced sensation of curve or concavity.
Cathleen Murakami
PART TWO:
So, in the generic group mat class setting, I will say that whatever the person feels from the above instructions in the previous paragraph, that is their personal neutral lumbar curve THAT DAY. It may change as time goes on for many different reasons (taking Pilates included).
I never say that the lumbar curve should be the same for everyone, or something like "you should have a space under your lower back", "you SHOULD have an inch of space under your lower back", or those types of statements.
I hope this answers your question. Feel free to contact me personally at: cathleen@synergypilates.com should you have more questions or need any other clarity.
11-20 of 25

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin