Refine Standing Balance<br>Elizabeth Larkam<br>Class 2508

Refine Standing Balance
Elizabeth Larkam
Class 2508

Watch this Class
Mastaneh Nazarian, I agree that much of what Elizabeth shares in each class could be a lifetime of study. Isn't she just awesome?!! And! As one privy to a tiny piece of Elizabeth's process prior to arriving to teach on Pilates Anytime, I can say with absolute certainty there is no part of this class that is improvised in terms of what she intends to offer. What might be improvised, is the way Elizabeth edits the genius inside her so the rest of us can understand enough to move forward with her. In 6 visits with us, I've come to know that her humor and seeming ease/improvisation in delivering highly technical information is yet another layer of her many talents that allows us all to keep learning.
DJ
DJ
1 person likes this.
Yes definitely awesome! Wow this is jam packed with gems! You are a masterful instructor. Thank you! I too love your sense of humour .... so many unique quotes!!
1 person likes this.
Great, creative workout! I really love your dry sense of humor!
Vanessa D
1 person likes this.
i am in love with that unitard!
Alessandro Avetti
Elizabeth Larkam is an amazing teacher and her classes always give you much more than just exercises. They give you good energy and make you feel great.
Such a lovely class. Thank you so much, this has really made me smile inside and out.
Phenomenally confusing - I gave up during the warmup!!!!!!
Trudie, I am sorry you found this class confusing. And can understand that response, as this class does not follow the usual sequence of Pilates mat classes. Please consider fast forwarding to the next-to-last section, lying on your back, spine supported by the length of the roller. This more familiar orientation in the sagittal plane may be easier to follow, although not necessarily easy to do, balancing on a roller. The last section of standing balance will also be a familiar orientation with physical challenges. Please let me know if these last two sections are easier for you to follow.
To Trudie
Let me try to explain the benefits of this programs:
First Part: Trunk Side bend with breathing
1-1: articulate the spine and prepare for the later exercise that challenge the spinal mobility into flexion or extension
1-2 Dissociate the thorax from Lumbopelvic girdle, Dissociate the lumbopelvic girdle from thorax region
It could leads body to activate the global stabilizers that could evenly distributed the loading force among the spinal segments, like internal/external obliques abdominals, lower trapezius and Serratus Anterior muscles
Second Part: Trunk rotation with roller
1-1 To Create the rotational stability prepares for the later exercise that challenge the lumbopelvic stability while standing on one leg
1-2 Through rotation to unwinding the spiraling myofascial meridians , it could efficiently mobilize the facet joints among every spinal segment. Very smart way to prepare for advanced spinal extension or flexion exercise, like swan, roll over etc
1-3 Dissociate the lumbopelvic rotation from thorax region could activate the global stabilizers, like internal/external oblique abodminals, plus gluteus maximum (you could feel it more clearly if you rotate the lumbopelvic without roller!!)

31-40 of 57

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin