The Side Line of the Body<br>Debora Kolwey<br>Tutorial 2576

The Side Line of the Body
Debora Kolwey
Tutorial 2576

Watch this Tutorial
1 person likes this.
Great tutorial Deborah. Makes so much sense. Now I can progress on the different pieces or go back and work on refining one. This will be so useful when working with my clients.
love it! such clear and concise info to share with my clients to help them connect deeper into their body! thank you!
1 person likes this.
Wonderful explanations and attention to detail. Thank you.
Great precision and refinements. Thanks for this.
❤️❤️❤️👌🏻 thank you for lovely visuals and creative images
Debora Kolwey
So glad!!
Molly Jo M
I'm very excited to try these ideas out on myself and my clients! Great progressions :)
Some great ideas here but I think some of it is not based on realistic anatomy/ physiology/ biotensegrity. For example, when she is doing one of the movements in side lying you suggest that she feel the bottom leg driving up into the hip, but the leg is in an open chain, it cannot drive up into the hip. And on side lying on the box it is suggested that the client "feel how the leg is connected up into the torso". What does that mean? You also suggest that some of the same muscles that laterally flex the torso also abduct the hip. Which muscles are those? I don't believe there are any. Or are you referring to how muscles work together in functional patterns through fascial connections? I'm sorry I don't mean to be insulting but I hear things on Pilates anytime sometimes that I think are questionable in regard to anatomy/ physiology/ biotensegrity, (how the body really works physically)
Debora Kolwey
Dear Jason
Just returning from a wonderful backpacking trip with my daughter in the Olympic National Park. I hope you are enjoying the summer wherever it is you live.
I don't feel insulted; clearly you care about this enough to write a relatively long comment. They say "intention is everything". My intention is to share my personal love of movement and delight in exploring the realm of the senses through the body and making connections that help me make sense of what it is to be a human being in this crazy awesome world. I am certainly not an anatomist; it's not what gets me up and to the studio every day. As my husband says, "whatever lifts your skirts". So, if the piece is compelling to you, practice the sequence for the purpose of exploration. Perhaps something will reveal itself to you, and if not, there is no lack of material on this marvelous site with which to enrich yourself. Take care, Debora
Excellent tips! Thank you!
1-10 of 11

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin