Common Cues<br>Amy Havens<br>Tutorial 2693

Common Cues
Amy Havens
Tutorial 2693

Watch this Tutorial
2 people like this.
Thank you for this video. I particularly like the likening of the pelvis to a bowl of soup. I think this will be really useful and reduces the confusion sometimes created by using the imagery of the clock. Looking forward to trying it in class!
1 person likes this.
Clear and concise, very useful basic information in a nutshell. Thank you
April Jolly
1 person likes this.
Super helpful! I never realized I had a rib-cage that naturally stuck out to far until you demonstrated it. Already feel a difference in my posture with that adjustment :)
1 person likes this.
Thank you for all these wonderful tips...
Mar
Mar
1 person likes this.
Such a sensitive and insightful outline of the common cues.
Very useful for to have the opportunity to review this a number of times 
so these common cues can be integrated as an intuitive understanding which will definitely support practice going forward. Thank you.
Greetings Mar , thank you!!  Yes, you've got the right idea --- repetition is key for learning and integrating information.  These very common cues are just a few in this wonderful Method of Pilates!  Glad you found this useful.
Cynthia
1 person likes this.
I have a question about the cue related the collarbone. Is the same as open your shoulders or open your chest?
Hi Cynthia , yes, the collarbone cue is often used for helping/suggesting someone open their chest and shoulders too.  You're right!
Gaspar
1 person likes this.
Nice explanation! Thank you!! I have one question...what about scoop? Belly up (common cue is "in and up" it refers to axial elongation? Thanks for your help xxx
Judy S
1 person likes this.
I loved this ! So helpful amy ! Thank you !
21-30 of 31

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin