Swan on the Reformer<br>Blossom L.<br>Tutorial 3210

Swan on the Reformer
Blossom L.
Tutorial 3210

Watch this Tutorial
Are you trying to be a comedian or teach a Pilates class? I don't mean to be rude, but too much humor in a class detracts from the value of a Pilates class. It seemed that in this tutorial humor was more important than giving good feedback. I stopped at the point a few minutes into it where you suggestively asked a client if the felt what you suggested he feel and he said yes and your response was something like "see I wasn't forcing him to respond that way he did on his own...." (of course the client is going to agree with you.) What is more important correct feedback or humor in a tutorial? Get the feedback correct
And why is there only a "like" icon to press for feedback? And why is there only always + feedback on PA? This is not + . Pilates teachers need to think critically
HI Jason, Your critique on too much humor has been heard and I think the point will be taken to heart by all involved in this video. Thank you.

Some people really like a little bit of humor as they learn, but perhaps you have to already trust and know the experience of the teacher, like so many of our members do in the case of Blossom. Nevertheless, I think everyone would agree that correction, good cueing, and knowledge are more important than humor in a tutorial. Those of us at Pilates Anytime think Blossom skillfully addresses each of those components of teaching very well.

I wish you would have taken the time to watch the whole video as I think the level of detail Blossom offers (along with her humor) is quite a skilled reflection of her experience and knowledge. She corrects Jon regularly and keeps him safe during this 17 minute long demonstration of the Swan on the box. I'm sorry to hear that her humor distracted you and thank you again for your comment.
Jason, the reason we don't include a "don't like" button is because we do not learn from a thumbs down icon. People, teachers and non-teachers often share very constructive and sometimes difficult to read comments on this site. I hope you and all of our members feel welcome to continue doing so with the intent on helping us serve you better.
1 person likes this.
I absolutely LOVED this! You are hilarious. I never practice this swan and I’m actually excited to work on it today! Thank you, Blossom and PA! :)
I love watching Blossom's tutorial. Not only she is full of passion (her love of teaching Pilates), but also she is giving entire herself (energies) to teach, lots of informations. The four different types of the body were the evidences. Her humour always brings a smile on my face while following her teachings. Thanks So much Blossom & PA!
Thank you Blossom - You broke down one of my most UN-enjoyable exercises so I now ENJOY it!
Always the best explanations! Can’t wait to work on this more!
Jennifer R
I wanted to teach Swan on reformer today, but we did not learn it in my comprehensive training! So I came to PA and typed in Swan reformer and voila! Thank you PA for these little tutorials, and Blossom for your walk through, making it accessible and understandable.
Ellie T
Thank you!!!!
21-30 of 33

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin