Pilates for Equestrians<br>Julie Driver<br>Tutorial 3275

Pilates for Equestrians
Julie Driver
Tutorial 3275

Watch this Tutorial
3 people like this.
I have been teaching horse riders on and off the horse for twelve years and I could not have put it better myself. Look forward to future classes. Steve
Julie Driver
1 person likes this.
Thank you Steven, I hope you enjoy the classes!
3 people like this.
Beautifully said Julie! I too share your passion for bringing Pilates into the Equestrian world! This sport is unique not only involving two athletes but one being a horse! As Equestrians the majority of training is focused on the horses fitness and nutrition, but just as important is the rider ...Riders are Athletes Too! In order for your horse to have connection the rider must have good body control and feel the connection within themselves. Pilates shares the same principles as riding. Way to go Julie! I'm so excited to hear more from you and your future classes! And as an Equestrian I like to say, "Do your Pilates.... and find your PowerHorse!
Julie Driver
1 person likes this.
I love that saying Michele Harris Pilates "PowerHorse!' Thank you for you lovely feedback!
Myriam Kane
Lovely, Julie...I look forward to learning more from you that I can share with my equestrian riders!
Julie Driver
1 person likes this.
Thank you Myriam, this is a very personal part of my work and I am so happy to be able to share it and hopefully help more horses...and riders!
1 person likes this.
This is why I took up Pilates. I realised after many years of riding that I needed to take much more responsibility for my own body and find the independence in mobility of my body parts...and then I found I loved Pilates!
It's a match made in heaven.
1 person likes this.
This is why I took up Pilates. I realised after many years of riding that I needed to take much more responsibility for my own body and find the independence in mobility of my body parts...and then I found I loved Pilates!
It's a match made in heaven.
2 people like this.
Love this! Exactly what I have been trying to accomplish. As a professional equestrian I started pilates after a back injury. In 2016 the strength I had from Pilates saved me from what could have been a career ending accident, breaking my C2 on a goofy young horse. My rehabilitation involved pilates from day one from an arm chair! I am now a new pilates instructor I’m trying to meld the two for my students making stronger riders and happier horses. Can’t wait to see more! Thank you!
I began taking Pilates 10 years ago and within three weeks my trainer said to me “whatever it is you’re doing, keep doing it”. My shoulders were more relaxed, my seat deeper, my hands and legs quieter. Since then I’ve moved to Sacramento from New Hampshire, become comprehensively certified through Balanced Body and started training with Lyn Moe in the new discipline of Cowboy Dressage. My dream is also to bring Pilates to riders to enhance their skills and better communicate with their horses. Thanks for leading the way!
1-10 of 12

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin