Biotensegrity of Movement<br>Elizabeth L. & Tom M.<br>Workshop 3344

Biotensegrity of Movement
Elizabeth L. & Tom M.
Workshop 3344

Watch this Workshop
Move ~ I'm sorry you are having trouble with this video freezing. I just tried it and it worked for me. I recommend trying our Video Troubleshooter to see if it fixes the issue. If you still have trouble after trying this, please email us at support@pilatesanytime.com.
1 person likes this.
1 :40 just flew by. Loved this workshop. As a somatic movement educator/practitioner and embodied Pilates teacher this is so much good food! Thanks so much Elizabeth Larkam and Tom Myers, 
Thank you Allie! I really appreciate your enthusiasm for this material🙏🌹🙏
1 person likes this.
Thank you so much Elizabeth and Tom.
You are both fascinating and  inspiring. Took all of your workshops here in Pilates Anytime.
I have been watching this workshop for the second time now and still it is not clear enough for me to tell wher is the compression and wher is the tantion in ich exercise  specialy after looking for the 90 degrees angle between them.
1 person likes this.
I know it is impossible to answer me on all of the exercises. But it whould be kind if you explain on one of the last demonstrated in the workshop.
Thanks
Thank you Osnat for your dedication to refining your Pilates practice with interdisciplinary study. Applied biotensegrity is a highly detailed field that invites patience with complexity. An honest answer that respects integrity of biotensegrity is not simple.I suggest the applying the following formula to each movement sequence:
1. Identify the ground forces. For example, where does each foot contact the foot bar, pedal, carriage, standing platform, etc. Where does each hand/forearm/shoulder contact the equipment. 2. When pressure is applied through each part of the body contacting the equipment, how are forces distributed through your entire structure? 3. The organization required for you to sustain your structural integrity as you push outward (tension) against the compressive forces of the springs pushing inward demands that you balance your forces from many/all angles.
4. Forces are not distributed linearly through the neuromyofascial system. 
11-16 of 16

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin