Intermediate Reformer<br>Kristi Cooper<br>Class 338

Intermediate Reformer
Kristi Cooper
Class 338

Watch this Class
Kristi, I loved the creative warm up & detailed execution on reformer exercises! Always learning!Thank you!
Pele
I love your classes Kristi and you're very knowledgeful but sometimes I feel as if you talk too much and that kills the flow of the class, particularly when you're adjusting! Otherwise outstanding.
Thanks to you both. I agree with you 100% Pele. I often think if I would just stop talking it would flow better for people watching. The challenge for me is that I am in fact teaching a real duet to Mandy and Erin and I can't let them "flow" without making adjustments pertaining to proper technique. I'll put some thought as to how to do this more fluently in the future. Thank you very much for the feedback.
Keep talking Kristi!!! I love your comments and instruction. You drop little diamonds here and there. As an instructor, I love it! Thnx Laura
I agree. Keep talking! It is so great to hear Kristi teach an actual class. The cues, the adjustments, are the true gems. Keep it real!
The student must 'graduate' to a level of fluidity thanks to the vocal and physical cues provided (in this case by an outstanding instructor). Keep up the excellent work, Kristi!
1 person likes this.
I'm curious: I was taught that the single leg stretch should be done with the knee's NOT coming in so far, rather focusing on the torso lifting toward the knee's. Either way is acceptable?
Amazing class Kristi, it's great hearing all your instructions and cues, we can never get enough. I hope one day you will come to Australia for a workshop or BASI course. See you again soon.
I love Australia!
Summer, the single leg stretch is taught holding the knee back from coming all the way in in order to help teach and maintain Pelvic and trunk stability. Once that has been established it is perfectly fine to draw the knee in closer as either a variation or to challenge the exercise differently. In fact, traditionally, the knee is drawn in very close to the shoulder. Give it a try and see if you can do it without rocking the pelvis or dropping the upper body.
1-10 of 24

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin