Conversation on Fear<br>Mariska B. & Kristi C.<br>Discussion 3452

Conversation on Fear
Mariska B. & Kristi C.
Discussion 3452

Watch this Discussion
3 people like this.
I don’t even have an injury and I have all the same fears you ladies were talking about. Keep moving! Keep teaching! Keep learning! I love when I see classes from both of you. Thank you for this awesome discussion!
Thank you for sharing your experiences.I had a major concussion in 2014 when a tanker truck drove into my car as I was stopped at a stop sign. I was 48 at the time. I thought I was going to die everyday for the next year. Especially if I had to get in a car as a passenger or a driver A year later I knew I was still in a bad way despite medical advice.and psychological counselling and been told there was nothing wrong with me., as I felt so different from my old self. I knew of a Physio in my area that did Pilates and I started going to see her, slowly I started doing Pilates with her. Long story short her gentle training and pilates saved me.
In 2017 I started my polestar comprehensive training. It has challenged me beyond my wildest dreams, but I love it and can never imagine my life without it. I fear I will not make it through my final exams as I find teaching very challenging and some advance moves are still to be mastered., but I have to remind myself of how far I’ve come from 4 years ago. Your discussion was very timely and interesting.Thank you both and all the very best.
6 people like this.
From my own life experiences, as I aged I was less fearful of judgement by others (so freeing and surprisingly easy) but my ultimate fear producer was ME. I feared not meeting up to my own impossible standards, so influenced by media.
Terri - you basically spoiled the plot. :) Most people's real fear is judgment, and social media is a very interesting construct that we discuss! Antoinette - we wish you all the best in your recovery!
4 people like this.
Just what i needed to hear
Antoinette, I wish I could say that I couldn't imagine what you went through. I'm sure our experiences were different but I definitely understand the resulting fears a major concussion might produce. My concussion was diagnosed as mild. I don't know if that makes me weak given the struggles I had/have, but either way, I can still relate. I am so encouraged to hear what you were able to do in the last 4 years. If you don't pass your exams, I hope you will take them again. You are a testament to healing by your very existence. All the best to you too. Thank you!
Thank you Connie. Thank you Terri. Thank you Poornima. And Mariska Breland, thank you for letting me speak to some of my fears in such a fun and safe way and for revealing your own as well.
2 people like this.
You two are so brave to put yourselves out there like that! You are 2 of my favorites and I wish you both well!
2 people like this.
Hi Mariska
I am curious to check it out
But also I would be very interested in a workshop regarding your personal issue as you mentioned it in your classes I would love to know more about it and how you organise your own practice around it?
1-10 of 19

You need to be a subscriber to post a comment.

Please Log In or Create an Account to start your free trial.

Footer Pilates Anytime Logo

Move With Us

Experience Pilates. Experience life.

Let's Begin